Spiritual Dream: River, church

siren85

hi. I recently had a dream that was very strange and was wandering if anyone could help me interpret it.

So, first of all there is this little girl who I am taking to school. I dress her up, and drop her off at school along with my mom. Afterwards, I wander in the woods and come across a church. I peek in the window and see a man who is confessing that he 'was raised a christian but has wandered away from the christian path because he doesn't connect with the church and its teachings' (which is how I feel in real life). I quietly nod in agreement, touch the stained glass window and walk away. I see a dead body nearby and a woman comes up to me and says, 'It seems like these people have died with water in their mouths', and I said 'It's normal to die with water in your mouth. Most people do.' (??? I have no idea about this lol). She said 'I heard about you in second grade and that you drowned, but I don't believe you', and we both chuckled. I continue walking and come to a river. We sit down on the riverbank, and there are many people sitting in the grass behind us. The water is clear and calm, and I stick my feet in. (end)

Now I thought this was really strange and thought that it might have some spiritual significance. Maybe its telling me that following that the christian path again would lead to spiritual renewal, purification and healing. I read online that 'To dream that you are walking through the woods signifies your return to an aspect of yourself that is innocent and spiritual, and that you are going through a transitional phase'. But I think the most interesting part of the dream was my putting my feet in the river... it reminded me almost of the image on the Star card, or of christ having his feet washed. anyway, any help would be greatly appreaciated. :heart:

Milfoil

siren85 said:
So, first of all there is this little girl who I am taking to school. I dress her up, and drop her off at school along with my mom.

This suggests that the child aspect of you, the gentle, emotional, playful part of you and the nurturing aspect have been very temporarily put to one side for a while. You may have been considering or re-examining some areas of your life. The school environment almost always represents how we feel we need to learn something. As this is a primary school it suggests that the basic foundations of who you are and what you believe are being cemented.

siren85 said:
Afterwards, I wander in the woods

Perhaps you have been considering your options, feeling a need to be relaxed, at one with all things and uninterupted in your search for peace.

siren85 said:
and come across a church. I peek in the window and see a man who is confessing that he 'was raised a christian but has wandered away from the christian path because he doesn't connect with the church and its teachings' (which is how I feel in real life). I quietly nod in agreement, touch the stained glass window and walk away.

This does sound like that masculine, rational, protective aspect of yourself coming forward. It suggests that you still feel some guilt over leaving the established Christian church yet deep down you know that there is still too much distance between what your soul knows to be true (what you deeply believe) and what the church represents. When you nod and touch the glass, this suggests that you still feel very respectful towards the church but are releasing it from your life.

siren85 said:
I see a dead body nearby and a woman comes up to me and says, 'It seems like these people have died with water in their mouths', and I said 'It's normal to die with water in your mouth. Most people do.' (??? I have no idea about this lol). She said 'I heard about you in second grade and that you drowned, but I don't believe you', and we both chuckled. I continue walking and come to a river.

This scenario with a dead person and water in the mouth suggests that there is a realisation process going on. The death of that part of you which is overly emotional and 'drowns' under the weight of feelings and emotions may now be realised. The other woman mirrors your understanding of this and you are not phased or worried by this fact, it has made you stronger.

The reference to when you were in school seems to suggest that school years were emotional and difficult but you survived and can look back on that testing time with a feeling of having passed the test.

siren85 said:
We sit down on the riverbank, and there are many people sitting in the grass behind us. The water is clear and calm, and I stick my feet in. (end)

Now you find yourself in a place of calm appreciation, you perhaps feel as though life isn't moving quickly but that's ok, still you are reflecting on your life (the river) as it calmly drifts along. Dipping your feet back in the river suggests that you feel ready to start living more fully again.

siren85

Thank you very much for your interpretation! :heart:

This scenario with a dead person and water in the mouth suggests that there is a realisation process going on. The death of that part of you which is overly emotional and 'drowns' under the weight of feelings and emotions may now be realised. The other woman mirrors your understanding of this and you are not phased or worried by this fact, it has made you stronger.

I find that really interesting, as I have always been an overly-emotional person. god, I hope that there is a 'death' of that side of me... I have been that way almost my whole life, overly-sensitive and getting depressed easily... I've always have had dreams of being caught in floods or tsunamis. perhaps the corpse could represent the possibility that my emotions could 'drown' or kill me if I'm not carefull... I've read somewhere that seeing a corpse in your dream can represent that you feel 'dead inside'. The dream is strange because it seems to show a calm, peaceful existence which isn't really reality. hmm.