Spoonbender's Tarot

MrsOnePotato

spoonbender said:
And I do want to have titles and numbers as well. Ugh, it's going to be difficult, especially since I suck at Photoshop.

Oh dear, I'm so spoiled. Being a professional graphic designer, I have access to all kinds of neat programs like Adobe Illustrator for setting type and laying out borders. Do you have any software that you can place the images in and add the titles more easily than Photoshop?

Or, depending on what you are envisioning, you might consider drawing the borders and handwriting the titles in a style similar to the drawings....you could do this separately and just combine them in Photoshop, so that you can keep your original artwork clean. The line quality of your artwork is so distinctive that hard edge borders and type might compete with it a little.

Anyway, there are lots and lots of options...I can't wait to see what you have in mind!

:) MrsOnePotato

spoonbender

Fudugazi said:
Not too sure about the Queen of Swords, however. She looks like she's just picked up her son's toy sword and is thinking to herself - "now, why can't he put it away?"
Thanks for being so honest, Sophie. Man, I guess that Queen of Swords really isn't working too well, is she? Here's a second version that I made, which I think makes her look more regal and determined - don't know which version I'll go for in the end though.

Fudugazi said:
I think those I like least - both Swords and Batons - are the Kings. They look a bit...weak to me (sorry).
That's OK. ;) I suppose the Kings aren't really powerful in a commanding sort of way, but I don't mind them. Maybe you'll like the Kings of Coins and Cups better, since they're a bit more mature!

MrsOnePotato said:
Do you have any software that you can place the images in and add the titles more easily than Photoshop?
Well, I probably DO have better software (I have Adobe Illustrator and stuff), but I'm pretty sure I won't be able to figure out how they work. I should see if there are classes that teach you how to use these programs - or maybe I could ask my brother's friend (who I think studied to be a graphic designer) for help...

Anyway, thanks a lot for your replies!

Spoon

le pendu

These continue to be great spoonbender.

I love the simplicity and wit.

Sulis

I love the way the Page of Coins has just dug up his coin... It's actually of the earth

And the way the Queen is polishing her coin - brilliant :)

Well done Spoonbender - You're doing such a good job with these really simple images :)