Spread to answer "what do I do next?"

Netzach

Recently I've been asked by several people for a reading to determine what they should do next in terms of their career. In most cases the querant has given me some idea of what his or her options are but one person just asked simply "what do I do next?". After some thought, I devised a spread to answer the question:

--------------8-------------
------------7---9-----------
-----------5-----6----------
--------------4--------------
--------------3--------------
--------------2-------------
--------------1-------------

1. a snapshot of what is happening now
2. how you feel about the future
3. the direction you need to go in
4. obstacles you might encounter
5. who you should accept advice from
6. who you should not accept advice from
7, 8 & 9. a general assessment of what you should do

It seemed to work, since the querant was pleased with her reading. So I pass it on in case it's of use to anyone else.

Ambience

Yes this spread greatly helped me also...

I used this with regards to a career related question, and despite what i thought i must do the cards were telling me different. They had me in tears because i knew i wasn't listening to my gut. When i finally admitted what i needed to do, the answer became clear and i feel much more at ease about my decision today. I ultimately have given myself the best of both worlds until the time comes to make a decision again.

Thankyou
Love *& Light, Janey xx

crazelion

I will have try this spread myself. I at the point I have no idea where I am going career wise. This spread could help me alot.

Thanks for posting the spread. It will help alot lost people that don't know what to do about there careers.

AmyV

Netzach you're gold, this is just what I needed! :TAW :thumbsup:

a_shikhs

Netzach,
thank you for this wonderful spread. I too have to make a choice in my career. I will definately give it a shot after my exams. Thanks for posting it.:)

Netzach

I'm so glad that it's of use!

firecatpickles

I just finished doing this, what a great, insightful spread!

Netzach said:
--------------8-------------
------------7---9-----------
-----------5-----6----------
--------------4--------------
--------------3--------------
--------------2-------------
--------------1-------------

I did rework the last three cards for myself, I hope you don't find me too presumptuous:

7. What have I done in the past to further this (card designated) career?
8. What am I doing now that helps?
9. What does the future hold for this career?

I couldn't figure out the "general assessment of what you should do" idea, sorry.

Netzach

kilts_knave said:
I just finished doing this, what a great, insightful spread!

kilts_knave said:
I did rework the last three cards for myself, I hope you don't find me too presumptuous:

Not at all. If it works, use it.

kilts_knave said:
7. What have I done in the past to further this (card designated) career?
8. What am I doing now that helps?
9. What does the future hold for this career?

This is splendid - adds an extra level to the reading. My rather more general spread was designed to cover all kinds of "what do I do next" eventualities, not just a career. But if one's enquiring specifically about one's career, I think your suggestion is very valuable.

Netzach

tarotbear said:
The fact that #9 is not the tip of the arrow confuses me, also.

No reason why it shouldn't be! In my original spread, 7, 8 & 9 were to be read together so I just laid them out in a gentle curve in that order. But if you're happier putting down 7 & 8 and then 9 as the tip, why not?