Strength as feelings

WhyWuh

How would you see strength as feelings? Is it like strong feelings or tenderness? This card keeps jumping out.

Ideas?

elena_jaymz

Hi, it could say that very strong and passionate feelings are there, but in a way they are held back and repressed.

Inviato dal mio ALE-L21 utilizzando Tapatalk

Grizabella

I'd say they're strong feelings but that they need to be tamed and subdued, rather than just let to run amok uncontrolled. Therefore, it does signify that there are some raging emotions, but ones that are tamed.

nisaba

How would you see strength as feelings? Is it like strong feelings or tenderness? This card keeps jumping out.

Ideas?

It could be that this is the relationship that the client has to endure, or has to be self-disciplined in.

Marsy

Strength is a good card for feelings however it's not completely positive because it usually indicates that while the feelings for that person are positive, there is a very important reason why said person has to reframe from revealing and expressing those feelings.

I've had it come up when a boss was very attracted to his employee but he could not pursue his interest and express his passion because not only was he her boss, but he was also married. So it was best that he kept his emotions and desire for her hidden.

Another situation a guy was very much in love with a woman but he wasn't ready for a committed relationship as he had personal issues he was dealing with that kept him from being able to take things further with her.

So basically the strength card is really about someone holding back because they feel it's the appropriate action to take at the time despite the desire they have for the person

Grizabella

That's an important point. I think sometimes it's an automatic "oh, he's got the hots for me" conclusion without going the one step further and realizing that, yes, he may have the hots for you but he's also making the ethical choice not to act on it for a good reason---a reason that you may have no idea of.

chainsmoker

And I think these can be any kind of strong feelings, but not always positive. For example, I have a colleague whom I completely hate and despise. But I have to control these feelings because of the work ethics. And they come up as Strenth (Lust). It has nothing to do with love or tenderness or passion. It's an older man who is repeatedly asking me out and bothering me with his attentions and just gives me creeps.

WhyWuh

Thank you so much everyone for your input. It helped me to realise the way feelings are held back in strength. But at the same time it made wonder if these feelings could be expressed if something changed? As the woman in strength holds lion so tenderly and she isn't scared and at the same time he is there without guarding himself.

Marsy

Thank you so much everyone for your input. It helped me to realise the way feelings are held back in strength. But at the same time it made wonder if these feelings could be expressed if something changed? As the woman in strength holds lion so tenderly and she isn't scared and at the same time he is there without guarding himself.

Well yes things can change as nothing is set in stone however the person that is being represented by strength feels that the best course of action is for them to not proceed forward due to more important circumstances, also it would be out of the other person's control regarding the reason said person is holding back.

It has nothing to do with you but their own inner conscious and they've already made up their mind that not openly expressing their feelings is in the best interest for them, it has nothing to do with the other person as they considered the other person before they made the decision and it's because it's the best course of action for the other person as well, not just them.

I don't really see much change coming with the strength because they've already come to terms that proceeding forward would not be the wise decision. The woman is standing with the lion assuring him that she's not a threat so he won't kill her. Strength is doing what you have to do to not disrupt a situation to the point where it has a bad outcome.

Basically the negatives far out weight the positives and it just wouldn't be worth the risk.

Laurelle

Strong, but restrained romantic feelings.