"Sword of Self-doubt"

faeryty

Ok, i know it's a terrible name, but i couldn't come up with anything better. Anyone that can please suggest it!

So, I can't sleep tonight, and I can't put my finger on why not. I have a few ideas floating around in my mind, but none of them seem satisfactory. So I thought I'd ask my cards. But I didn't really know what spread felt appropriate. i.e. None of the spreads I do routinely felt appropriate. I've never created a thread before, so (constructive) criticism would be great.

The aim of this spread is essentially to address the question "What is going on in my head?". Ever had that feeling where you know something is not right, but you can't put your finger on it? Well that's what this spread tries to help you do.

Here it is

........2x3...... (2 with 3 crossing it perpendicular)

Alternative (illustrated) layout diagram

1 - The Hilt - that to which you hold - what you want the problem to be.
2 - The Tang - that which is obscured - what you know to be supporting the problem but prefer not to think about.
3- The Guard - that which protects - why you would prefer not to think about the tang card.
4- The Foible - that which is ignored - something which you may not have considered.
5- The Point - that which probes - what you need to address.
6- The Hand - that which moves - one possibly way of addressing the point card.

I chose a sword for the shape of this spread as it is probing into my mind, further that is what I saw when I started laying cards, and the ace of swords revealed itself when I asked for guidance on the spread.

Having just drawn and interpreted this a couple of times from my DruidCraft deck, it seems to work, but I need to refine my interpretive skills to it. Thought I'd share it as it's my first custom spread and I would appreciate any feedback anyone could give me.

Dolphin_Dreamer

Good Spread faeryty

Earlier today I did the "Know Your Heart spread" by ShadowWolf for a freind of mine. Your spread would be good to do in conjunction with it.

Know Your Heart spread is here http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=62365

So maybe a good name would be 'Know Your Mind'

Dolphin_Dreamer

Come to think of it the name suits the shape and the positions...

Billy-boy

Used this spread last night. Works great, dead on. However, I did change position 1 to "the base of the matter"
Great job!

furiana

Wow! I just used this spread, and the reading was wickedly good!

I wouldn't change it a bit. In fact, I'd even emphasize that the meanings are powerful AS THEY ARE. Changing #1 to "base of the matter" weakens it, I think, by making the card's meaning too general.

The original meaning is more pointed. It places responsibility on the querant, making them own up to blaming the wrong thing. It also sets the querant up for the next cards, since the fake problem probably acts as a smokescreen to hide messier emotions, etc. Blaming #1 makes it so you don't need to think about whatever you're ignoring (#2). It keeps you from needing to explore your reasons (#3) for ignoring #2.

Well, it makes sense to me. It sure made for a powerful reading, too. As long as the querent can handle the potentially ugly truth, this spread as-is could open the way for real change. Very cool. :D

elvenstar

Great spread, thanks for posting it. It worked really well for me. :)

kriti

this spread works great...

hi faeryty ....

your spread works great.
but just a small bit...if i want to clear up my confusion and draw more cards...any suggestions how to arrange them??

love and regards.
kriti*.

skat510

Was feeling a bit anxious today, but wasn't sure why...but I remembered I wrote down this spread a month ago (it caught my eye for some reason...maybe for today! :) ) and when I laid the spread, it was very helpful in pinpointing the issue(s).

Just want to bump this up and say kudos!

Psiweapon

Hey, I find this spread really interesting, so much I just used it, so I thought I might put a link here:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?p=1416821#post1416821

(The reading I just did)

And bump this thread so people get the chance to find this spread and shamelessly plug myself in one blow!

A M A Z I N G ! !

@_@ Please. Bear with me X_D