SYMBOLON DECK

Jewel

~Looks confused~ hmmmmm .... Those cards do not come to memory .... Faunabay I will look through my deck and let you know tomorrow. I would think I would remember that! *LOL*. I will make a list of any/all disturbing cards for you. Thanks for your post Lee, you have just given me a new reason to look through this deck again ~giggles~.

Love & Light,

Jewel

OKies did the review as promised, wrote up the post (a very detailed one!) then lost it ~grrrrrrrrr~ so here it is in short. Lee was absolutly correct about their being a few a disturbing images, although the images on the cards themselves seemed no worse to me than the 9 or 10 of swords in the RW deck. The 5 cards I found disturbing in the Symbolon deck were:

1) Abortion - shows a matronly looking woman covered from head to toe tossing a baby into a fire.

2) Castigation - a woman wrapped in a sheet whipping herself on her bear back with a whip that had several leather strands with pieces of glass on the ends. Her back is bleeding.

3) Black Mass - a group of individuals robed in black cloacks around an altar with an upside down cross above them.

4) Fear - woman running out of a graveyard with her arms up, she looks frightened and possibly a nun? There is a robed figure standing in the graveyard. Lots of crosses.

5) The Furies - Medusa is projecting snakes like bolts of lightening at a young man that looks paranoid.

Now with the descriptions out of the way, I want to say that the LWB presents a summary of each card (which I included in the post I lost), presents the problem represented by the card, presents a way through the problem, and finally a conclusion.

If you want additional detail on specific cards please let me know. I still find this deck beautiful and really enjoyed going through it last night.

Love & Light,

Talisman

Jewel,

Good grief! This sounds awful.

Talisman

Jewel

Quote:Talisman (30 Nov, 2001 10:00):
Good grief! This sounds awful.
Talisman

~Chuckles~ Now that I read it again it sure does *LOL*. But honestly you have to see the art (painted, not black & white) before passing total judgement. Also like I said, the LWB goes into more detail and not everything about these cards as is negative as the names and my descriptions of them imply. The deck also has beautiful loving cards, and many more of those than of the ugly/scarry cards.

Love & Light,

Dee 04

Well, I did get the deck and I have to say that its energy is wonderful. Yes - there are a few not so positive cards - but that is life right - duality. Also, we can interpret these to mean what we want and not what is in the LWB.

I see what you mean Jewel, these cards gave me the creeps when i first saw them - for example - the abortion card does not necessarily have to mean that - in the reading i was given it represented my overall anxiety of not spending enough time with my son even though i do spend a lot of time with him i always feel like it is never enough.
I really like this deck for past life readings. That will be my use for it. I am not too good at reading symbols and it does have a lot of astrological symbols - I'll try.
I am glad that you guys have taken the time to comment on this deck. If someone gets it - please add to this post.
:)

faunabay

I had to go in the archives and dig up this thread. I never did buy the deck, but it has popped up again to get my attention. I think I might just have to go for it.
Anyone else have anything more to add, before I go spend even more money I don't have????

Jewel

Go for it!!! *LOL* I just ordered the Cosmic Tribe yesterday (told you guys it would not take long for me to break down ~giggles). I really think you will like it overall. Like I said earlier there are so many more positive cards than scary ones. I pretty much listed all the ones I thought were nasty *LOL*. Let us know how you like it if you get it. Like I said before, I would not trade mine for the world (even if I don't use it!).

Love & Light,

faunabay

I GOT IT!!!! The artwork is so beautiful! And I tend to agree with Dee now that I've looked throught them. There are definitely some yucky/bad cards but life can be hard sometimes and they don't seem out of place. Without them the deck would be way too goody goody.

And I've already got an interesting story with them. LOL When I brought them home I pulled a card to see how we'd work together and I got the "Defiant Child" card. It's a hilarious card showing a little boy running away from his nurse? Mother? with the "I hate you" look while the woman looks on with a small understanding smile. It made ME smile because I saw myself as the little boy and the deck as the woman.
Anyway I did a three card spread asking what it wanted to tell me at our first get together. The outcome card was the Actor. Well I wasn't too happy with that. I don't want to be acting. I want to be true to myself.
So I did another 3 card to explain the Actor card. And the outcome of that one was the Puppet. It was kind of funny (after the fact) but at the time I was starting to get irritated. "What do you mean I'm either going to be acting or have someone pulling my strings?"
So I did ANOTHER 3 card spread asking about that and got cards that told me I was getting a bit too complacent and needed to be scared/shocked a bit so I would do the hard work needed to allow myself to soar/fly to new places and experience new things. WOW!

As pretty and frilly as this deck looks I don't think it's going to pull any punches with me at all, huh?? LOL I"m going to be very interested to see how we work together as time goes on.

Jewel

*LOL* Faunabay ... I am so glad you like it. And it seems your deck has a sense a humor as well as good advice. My copy of the Cosmic Tribe came in last night and I really enjoyed looking through the cards ... I giggled and laughed for a while. Then I kept having these psychodelic dreams of naked just like in the deck ~giggles~ ... needless to say I woke up laughing and had to quickly check in the mirror to make sure I did not have any traces of body paint left on me ;)

Anyways ... good luck with the deck. The greatest difficulty I have working with the Symbolon is that it is not exactly Tarot so I am not sure I am using it right when I do. Also because it is so astrologically based and that is not my forte. Hopefully some day ~sigh~ ... but I do love the pretty cards, and I do agree the negative ones bring a balance to the deck and keep it from being a "sugary sweet" deck.

Love & Light,

faunabay

Jewel,
Oh honey, you're going to have so much fun with the Cosmic Tribe!! :D I love mine. It just seems like such a friendly deck, doesn't it? LOL