Talking just about Numerals.

eugim

-I ve been thinking that we surely barely all have a basic to more deep information about numbers and its meanings here.
-I mean on ours Occidental Culture we were infused with many cultures specially in that topic with Arab culture.
-But for not go to far we have Neoplatonism which surely was present at the time when TdM was born. (1500 century / Cary Sheet )
-For me the common connection was the time of Alexandria School so since I to III century in Egypt an Helenized Egypt btw...
-So here I purpose for a few moments leave aside ours respected "conclusions" and just WATCH the cards...
-As usual I go from General to Particular.

-A premise just for an ahead start point...
To number somewhat or someone is to give or recognize a place related to others.He is physically "here" // So something unnumbered simply isn t here... (but could exists itself of course).

1-We have four Suits.
2-One unnumbered (DENIERS) and rest three numbered.
3-Aces aren t numbered
4-Aces aren t a zero nor a One.
5-So we jump from an Ace to two
6-The sequence is:
Ace-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10
7-An Ace unnumbered and 9 cards numbered.
8-It s curious because 10 could suggest a return to zero so then to 1 as a new cycle but not seems as it...
9-We haven t a zero nor a One here.
10-So the sequence begin at 2 .
Two: Duality born from an archetypical world.
So isn t yet a "material world card" it s an idea yet.( passive card)
Three: The Agent /The Verb-(active card)
Four: 2 +3 = 4 // The Matter
Five: The Human Being (2+3+4 = 9 )
Six : God Presence ( 3 + 3 = 6 ) The first triangle pointing abovethe second below to the Universe his body.
The sacred interrelation between them.
Seven: The Divine on the Matter ( 3+4 )
Eight: The begin of the Sacred Divine Opus Alchemicum Work do by God to return the Matter from below to fit the Archetypical "Four Form" to the one above.
Nine: Once the " connection was done the fire (9 ) from the tail arise to reach the 0 of the nine number and then work was already done.
Ten: As a result God "fill the entirely Universe with his "Sacred gift" of KNOWLEDGE.

eugim

Kircher Tree

From Decker, Dumment, "Wicked Pack of Cards" page 37:

In the suits of Swords and Batons, the original ranking of the cards was ( in descending order) King, Queen, Knight, Jack, 10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,Ace, while, in the other two suits of Cups and Coins, it was King, Queen, Knight, Jack, Ace,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10.
Odd as it seems to us, this reversal of the ranking of the numeral cards in the latter two suits was not originally a peculiarity of Tarot. Rather, it was common to all Italian trick-taking games until the end of the XV century, and to the Spanish ones until several decades after that...

eugim

My friend Kircher ...
-Dummett (My highest respect of course ) aside please here.
-Just tell me or to ours what YOU see please about numerals take a day or two if you need... (or not of course).
-Just WATCH them.

eugim

-First to going ahead I think is best that I order what for me is the sequence of the suits.

1-DENIERS : Macrocosmos / The archetypical Divine World of Ideas.
Microcosmos / Ours archetypical Mind Ideas
2-EPEE : Macrocosmos / The Divine Idea of God
Microscosmos : Ours best "mother" ideas
3-BATON: Macrocosmos / The Verb of God.
Microcosmos / Ours willpower to "do" the thing comes true.
4-COUPE : Macrocosmos The Love of God that infuse his Idea necessary to be born.
Microcosmos / Ours love that "infuse" ours Idea so a 2 card meaning here.

eugim

-EPEE:
1-The Mind World:
a-Ace : Ours unconscious mind which create all ours "world"
b-Two : Ours innermost duality which created the "soup" for the things to come ahead.
c- Three: Ours "Verb" ours willpower as far as we "get it "
d- Four: The thing is " Born " / Ours "creature"
e- Five: Here we add ours "best beliefs"

-Wil continue...
Is too late here bro ...

eugim.

Kircher Tree

DENIERS: Yes. As you say.

EPEE:
Quote: "I do not bring a cup. I come to bring a sword."

Bernice

Something that accords with Kircher Trees quote:

"The mind is the Slayer of the Real"

Mind/sword....? And we DO live primarily by our perception of things. (Opinions etc.)

Bee

Bernice

Eugim :)

EPEES:
Macro: Divine idea of God.
Micro: Our best (and worst!) ideas = Inspiration.

Yes, I can see how the Epees would apply in the microcosm.
Mans free-will to heed divine/spiritual promptings.
Mans free-will to heed his own opinons & desires.

Bee :)

eugim

-First I want to say that thanks to ours respected and sweet Member Bernice the thread again is alive...
-I never will understand what odd thang "happened " here Moonbow my Madam...

-Well returning to my "off-topic" done before ...
a- 6 / Of EPEE refers to the link between the below triangle and the top one.
-It s the marriage between God and his deepest "light" within the matter
b-Seven:It s 3 +4 // The Verb within the matter.
c-Eight: The Idea embraced the 4+4 // So the Archetypical Idea "fit" on the Matter form of ours Ideas.
d-Nine: 8 + 1 / The Spirit on 5 and 7 emerged .
e- Ten : The Idea already DONE ...

Moonbow

Moderator Note

This thread was temporarily closed for two reasons.

Firstly to allow tempers to settle, and secondly to allow the moderators time to remove posts which had been deleted by the poster. Those posts were not deemed off topic but unfortunately rendered the thread unreadable once they were deleted.

Please contact Ross or myself rather that argue in public as to the validity of someone else's post.

Thanks

Moonbow* & Ross G Caldwell