Tao oracle reading...help

yaraluna

namaste !

a friend showed me her tao oracle cards and i did an alchemy of relating spread. i only 'read' the meaning and images of the cards according to their positions in the spread. the 7th card is kind of confusing for me when it comes to read the whole spread. now, i don't know anything about i-ching, i just did the spread for me and my partner. eventhough the spread seemed to be so accurate, i am very confused by the meaning and position of the seventh card.
can anyone that knows the tao oracle explain this reading to me?

5- (44)tha attraction of opposites 6-(35)Progress

3- (37)the family 7-(60)limitation 4-(31)influence

1-(63)completetion 2-(57)the gentle

thank you for your help

yaraluna

Pagan X

Hexagram 60, "Limitation", is about the boundaries we put on ourselves to do things in moderation or appropriately--such as not drinking too much or eating to much; not overspending; not being wasteful.

In the context of a relationship, it would be the control we exert upon ourselves to maintain the relationship: such as not inappropriately venting anger, remaining sexually faithful, picking up one's socks.

I'm not familiar with the Tao Oracle in particular and the 7th position in the spread. What is the 7th position supposed to address?

yaraluna

the 7th position...

This 'Alchemy of relating spread' is specific for relationships, whatever they are.

you cut the deck in two from left to right. spread each pile separatedly. select one card from the left pile-that's card 1 for you. then one card from the right pile-card 2 for him/her.
and so on. the after the 6th card, you suffle all the rest of the cards together and draw one card-card 7 in the center of the spread. card 7 is supposed to be "the insight card, and represents the alchemy of your conjoined qualities and reflected in the here and now.read the text in the tao oracle book."

thank you for your insight in to the spread. this is the first time i used the tao oracle and i just got confused by the meaning of the card in the book, an d what the position of the card symbolises

yaraluna

Pagan X

OK.

Overall, the relationship appears to be between two people who value cooperation, communication, negotiation over impulsiveness or passion.

On the positive side, it looks like this couple will not fight much. Both parties value the relationship in the abstract, that is, consider relationships to be good and a path to spiritual growth. Shared spiritual values serve as a bond for them.

On the negative side, there is potential for this to lose passion and sexuality and become nonromantic, more of a deep friendship, in nature. Both parties may be too restrained with themselves and have difficulty enjoying things in a spontaneous fashion.