Soul Cards Reading Project #2

contrascarpe

Well, not quite yet, but I wanted to start a new thread to keep the first one separate (anybody can still join in on that one at any time).

So we are announcing the second installment of our group readings. This time I will use the Soul Cards I deck (if interest continues, the next one will be using both decks combined - something I really look forward to).

This is where we stand. I have someone who volunteered for the question (well, I sort of volunteered her, but she is a gracious person and accepted). I know joya is very busy right now so if anyone would like to volunteer doing a spread, please let me know. If not, I would be more than happy to do it.

I hope to have the new card layout done by Sunday. If you have some friends here on AT that you correspond with on a regular basis by PM or email, please mention this to them. As Ruby Red Slippers mentioned, you don't need the deck to participate - I will post the links to the cards. The more the merrier here!

Thanks for all your interest.

Dan

SongDeva

Me Me Me!

I'll do the spread.

What do you think about not posting the question and doing readings blind?
Don't throw things at me people, it's just an idea. hehehehe

contrascarpe

SongDeva - I like that idea.

Mimers - would you mind if we did a "non-question" reading for you (are you ready for the onslaught of a bunch of total strangers analyzing your life, hehe).

If Mimers is a go with that, would you be so kind as to PM the spread for me, Lara? I probably can have the cards out by tonight or tomorrow.

Dan

SongDeva

Ok. I'm online but I'm at work. Give me tonight or tomorrow morning to come up with one. Woohoo!
Then please come to my house and find my SC I deck. heheheh

contrascarpe

Lara -

Take your time with the spread.

I would love to help you find your deck but I am not good at finding things - I am still looking for one of my favorite Tarot books!

Maybe your Faeries Oracle is hiding them on you :)

Dan

contrascarpe

State of the Project

Well, I missed another deadline, lol. Here is where we stand - hopefully everyone is still having fun with these exercises.

Mimers has graciously submitted a question and SongDeva a spread. However, Song's spread is more generalized and I will be using it on the third installment (when I combine both decks for a reading). I will come up with a spread for Mimers question later today.

Tonight, I will draw the cards and post them. I have a question though - last time I took a digital picture of the cards but also included a link for each card drawn. I will continue to include the link as I believe it really gives a good depiction of the card for those without the deck. Was the digital picture any help at all though? After looking at how small the image was, I had doubts it was useful. Let me know if I should add it for this reading or if the links will suffice.

Mimers - get ready for an onslaught of advice :) Thank you all for continuing to participate in this.

Dan

contrascarpe

OK, are you guys up for a challenge? This could be a tricky one and I haven't even studied the cards yet. I hope the spread is OK, I developed it quickly this afternoon, hoping to touch upon points in Mimers' question ...... and that question is:

"I know I am at a crossroad in my life right now. I would like to know what my guides would like to say to me to keep me going in the right direction.

What am I doing that is not beneficial to my path?
What do I need to do to stay in the right direction?
What are they trying to tell me that I am not hearing?"

The spread is as follows:

.............2A...........3A............
...1........2B...........3B...........4

1 - Where is she at this point in her life?
2A - What obstacles are present in her life right now?
2B - What opportunities exist for her right now?
3A - What does she need to know to stay the path (career)?
3B - What does she need to know to stay the path (personal)?
4 - What doesn't she know (that her guides are trying to tell her)?
5 - Once the path is clear, where will she be in her life?

I will try to get a digital picture up of the thread if it helps people (let me know if you want one), otherwise I will stay with posting the individual cards as follows (number references are per the Touch Drawing website - link included):

1 - #11 - http://www.touchdrawing.com/3SoulCards/SC1/pages/11 card.htm
2A - #10 - http://www.touchdrawing.com/3SoulCards/SC1/pages/10 card.htm
2B - #27 - http://www.touchdrawing.com/3SoulCards/SC1/pages/27 card.htm
3A - #25 - http://www.touchdrawing.com/3SoulCards/SC1/pages/25 card.htm
3B - #33 - http://www.touchdrawing.com/3SoulCards/SC1/pages/33 card.htm
4 - #34 - http://www.touchdrawing.com/3SoulCards/SC1/pages/34 card.htm
5 - #20 - http://www.touchdrawing.com/3SoulCards/SC1/pages/20 card.htm

Good luck and have fun! Oh, and don't forget, read no further until you have posted your reading, if you are doing one (EDIT - post following this one has the digital picture). I hope to have mine up tonight if possible.

Thanks,
Dan

contrascarpe

OK, I got a digital picture.

Hope this helps a little.

Dan

Attachments

• soulcards2.jpg
    soulcards2.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 77

lark

Hi Mimers, thank you for letting me read for you.

I know I'm at a crossroads in my life right now. I would like to know what my guides are saying to me to keep me going in the right direction.

Where is Mimers at this point in life?
~I think you have been observing and collecting much in your mind in the last few years.
And now it's ready to be expressed.
You have built up a picture of what you would like your life to be like, and it is just starting to bud.
But you have to be awoke like Spring.
You're true self has been in hibernation.

What obstacles are present in your life right now.?
~I feel you have lately met someone you like.
You are worried about your childrens reaction and your responsibility to them.
You could do more to awaken his interest in you but you hesitate and are unsure.
Is it really your concern for your children?
Or is Spring afraid to awaken?

What oportunities exsist for you right now?
~You really seem to be on the brink of a breakthrough. a soul expanding experience.
Grab it- big things will happen for you this summer.
Also have you dyed your hair red or thought of it?

What do you need to know to stay the path? (career)
~I don't feel this is a career reading it feels more personal than that.
This card reminds me of a pond with leaves frozen in the ice.
A tear has turned into an icicle. It seems to have been shed awhile ago.
I feel your career is very stable and you are in a place you will be staying at for a while.
You have long since stopped crying over the fact that you must make it on your own.
Sometimes it makes you sad but you have made peace with it.

What do you need to know to stay the path? (personal)
~Oh boy, I have to get deep and personal here.
You need to get in touch with your sexuality again.
And your heart chakra...emotions.
You've lived in your head for a long time now and neglected yourself from the heart down.
Spring needs to be sprung.

What don't you know that your guides are trying to tell you?
~This card and the next card mirror each other perfectly.
Your guides want you to jump!
Take a risk...
You fear the unknown, (relationship?) but you desire it, you're curious..always peeking over the edge to get a look at it.
It appears as a bright shinning light in your future if you just have the guts to jump.

Once the path is clear where will you be in your life?
~Here you are in the middle of the light! You must have jumped!
It's turned into a soft, safe shelter the shape of a snail shell.
Snails are a lunar symbol, a symbol of feminine energy.
Of death/rebirth, ending/beginning, and continuity.
They are a symbol of the slow and steady progress in your journey home to enlightenment.
This card feels very 9 of pentacles to me.
I think you will reawaken you feminine self but not lose you self-sufficiency.
That seems like a very nice place to be. :)

zorya

1 - Where is she at this point in her life?

when i looked at the card, i saw a faerie dancing in the circle, which led me to believe mimers is beginning to follow a childhood dream. a good dream, perhaps even a blessed dream. the dream is in the budding stage and will soon blossom. this dream is assisting her in expressing her true self.

2A - What obstacles are present in her life right now?

thoughts of those who need her... probably family. worries that keep her from sleeping soundly at night... too many thoughts... she has trouble clearing her mind. maybe the pressures are worrying her.

2B - What opportunities exist for her right now?

the pathway is open and clear to her now. there is nothing in the way to stop her from fulfilling her dream... but that does not mean it is easy. sometimes light can be painful. dreams can be dreamlike whereas the reality of fulfilling a dream can be harder than imagined... what i mean is that this road may be difficult, but well worth traveling.

3A - What does she need to know to stay the path (career)?

the words that popped into my head, were 'write about that which you know'. i don't think this means specifically to write, but that your pains, sorrows, hurts and experiences will assist you on this path/in your career.

your sorrows have value, the difficulties you have experienced will give you compassion. there are gifts in sorrow. do not carry your past or feelings as burdens; these things that have touched your soul, can help you touch the souls of others. these are a true, honest and natural part of you. do not try to hide or bury the natural you.

3B - What does she need to know to stay the path (personal)?

you've felt very alone and wish you had assistance. this is all part of becoming human... standing up for yourself.. part of your karma. remember that you are not alone as you have spiritual assistance. you can make this dream happen! while this card feels a little depressing, rest assured that the outcome will make all the difference.

4 - What doesn't she know (that her guides are trying to tell her)?

although it feels like you have too many burdens or too much pressure weighing you down, you are well supported by light. you have made the right choice. don't fear your decision, but dive right in and trust!

5 - Once the path is clear, where will she be in her life?

this is lovely! i see mimers cradled by the spirit world. cradled in love. she herself is cradling another, giving another (others?) comfort and love.... nurturing. the outcome will bring balance into her life. the element of earth: the practical, doing what must be done, supporting self and family combines with the element of water: love, nurturing, healing, channeling. when you combine earth and water, wonderful things begin to grow. which circles us back to that childhood dream....