Tarot Accessories

Black Crosis

Greetings everyone!

I've been wondering what accessories people use to "get their Tarot on" and why they use them. This can be anything from cases to stones and beyond. I'm trying to equip myself with things that may help me on my Tarot adventures and I'd like to get others' opinions on the subject.

Inconnu

I read best whilst holding an antique porcelain foot.

Carla

I just use a deck of tarot cards. It is very, very rare that I bother with any accoutrement, outside of ritual.

Rev_Vesta

Hi for me personally I like my Selenite Tealite holder, and a nice cloth to lay my spreads on when doing a reading..... I normally either keep my decks in the original box or a pouch wrapped in a scarf...... I like nice relaxing music playing in the background incense going or oil diffuser........

sit quietly and breath and I am ready to go........

This works for me .....

Juliana

I've crocheted a spread cloth for myself, and that is my only accessory. I love having something to lay my spread out on.

Fonda

I have a raw silk cloth that I lay the cards out on--mostly to keep the cards clean. Other than that, and some deep breathing, I don't use anything else. :)

swedishfish612

Typically, I like to lay out a nice cloth and light a candle. But sometimes I just do the cards right on the table. I love the ritual of the cloth and candle, but I don't want to get so attached to the idea that I can't whip my cards out and do a quick reading whenever.

tarotcognito

I wish I could afford a pouch for every single one of my decks. :( Right now I keep my go-to in a neat velveteen black pouch. The rest of my decks are kept in their original boxes.

Don't have a reading cloth. I just use the plain wooden surface of my kitchen table. :)

ValerieReikiLMT

My reading space is on my bed or on my bedroom floor. I like to use a lap board, one of those boards with the squishy bean bag material on the bottom. I have different colored bandanas for my decks as a reading cloths.

Vixxia

You don't need equipment to read the cards, aside from the cards themselves, but a lot of people do use accessories as it helps us get into a reading mindset.

I've only got four decks, and I keep them in organza pouches that originally held Easter eggs. Whichever deck is my current reading deck gets wrapped in my spreadcloth with the other three living in a cardboard box. My spreadcloth is one of those thick cotton bandanas which is about a yard square, with black stars on a purple background. I bought it because I liked the look, and it keeps my cards away from dust when I'm not using them. It also creates a nice backdrop so I'm not distacted by things on my desk, and makes the cards stand out.

The only other thing I do when reading is put what I've come to call my 'tarot CD' on in the background. I got it about the same time as my tarot book, which I read while listening. As a result that CD and tarot became linked in my mind, and I find it helps me keep my thoughts on the reading and gets me in the mood.