Tarot and Book of Genesis?

Phoenix Rising

I had a really interesting conversation with my Aunty, who has studied metaphysics for 40 years. I would describe her as "A walking Encyclopedia"
She talked to me about "The creation of mankind" The Gods when they first came down to Earth. When they arrived the first form of human like form was the "Hominoids" These Gods wanted to create a slave race, so by doing that they first of all took genes from this Hominoid race and used their own kind as "surrogates" But there people become sick of this, so they decided to breed with them and then the human race was formed.
Annunaki was the genetic engineer and his wife(or whatever she was)Ninkharsag was the carrier of these 2 newly formed humans.
She was known as "Isis". The offspring were "Adam and Eve"
Annunaki had a brother "Inlil"(Seth) He had no compassion for the human race, but decided he wanted his own people, so with the help of his brother "Annunaki" helped engineer his people. Inlil later became known as "Jehovah" His people are known as "The Jews" "Gods chosen people"
So there were 2 lines "The Jews" and the Pharaoh line (Isis)Egyptians.

The story continues, although this may sound a little far fetched and could drum up alot of controversy, so I won't go into anymore detail. But I then thought later that the tarot could actually be talking about this.
"Annunaki - The Genetic Engineer - The Magician
"Ninkharsag - Isis - High Priestess
"Eve"- First human woman - Empress
"Adam - First human man - Emperor
Heirophant - The rules and rituals that were given unto Adam and Eve
Lovers - Adam and Eve making the choice to take of the fruit from the "tree of Life"
And so on and so on.
But I would be very interested in any comments and views about this. I'm not saying that I believe it or not, but we all know that the "Bible" and Egyptians and their Heiroglyphs make reference to "The Gods sleeping with the Daughters of Man"

The Mitochondria of woman(only woman carry) can be traced right back to The one woman in Africa!

Gerbear

I am familiar with Zechariah Sitchin's works. It is a fact that the knowledge about the solar system possessed by the Sumerians was proved to be true when the voyager satellite got to the outer planets and sent back pictures. Everything mentioned has been corroborated by our findings. It is also suspected by today's scientists, that mankind's developement, which occurred much too quickly for the forces of evolution, had an outside agent, using genetic maipulation. The majority of our food crops also appeared in one place at nearly the same time. So far, there has been nothing disproved about the tales of the Sumerians. I don't see where tarot would fit into this, but I am planning for my second deck to be along those lines.

WalesWoman

This is incredibly interesting, it seems like I've read something similar to this before, it sounds familiar but probably am confusing it with some science fiction/fantasy. OR maybe it was based on this idea of Zechariah Sitchin. Now I'm going to have to go to the library and special order a book and find out more about this. I've had a hair brain theory that we were created by another race from somewhere else, it just seems so strange that we were apes and then suddenly are making art, sophisticated tools, having knowledge that scientists today can't come up with. Maybe men really did come from Mars.

Phoenix Rising

Hi Waleswoman
Oh yes it is very interesting. My aunty explained it very simply. But it is all actually in the bible to. "Chariots of fire" it's all over the great pyramids as well. She did tell me other things as well, but I can't think of it yet.

Also about the true bloodline of Mary Magdalene and Jesus's offspring.

WalesWoman

I remember the Chariots of Fire from long years of going to church every Sunday and Catichism (so long I can't remember how to spell it), but this theory definately was NOT part of the teachings and would have been spelled Blasphomy, Heriticism, and Do not pass Go, go straight to h- e- double hockey sticks. I had a hard time trying to figure when the dinosaurs were around, since those fossils were older than Creation. The first I heard about celestial beings in reference to the Bible, besides the angels was ...oh heck, I can't remember the guy who wrote Chariots of the Gods, Kurt somebody.

I've always thought that the myths, seems every culture talks about a time when monsters roamed the earth, the ones that were before people, offspring of the gods that were defeated by the classical gods, and precursors of human beings had some fact to it. Even something about the experimental blendings of animal and human, again in almost all mythology from every corner of the globe. And lo, here we are doing it again with genetic manipulation, tomatoes with frog genes!

I think the correlation to Tarot would make a way cool deck, something new or just a different twist. I was just trying to figure out which card the genetic engineering one would be, 8 0f Test tubes or 3 of beakers? I just thought of Temperance, as the Centrifuge!

miss_apples

Was it Kurt Vonnegut (sp) Wales Woman?

Phoenix Rising

Just bringing this thread up again, as someone asked me a question about it. Further study into this over the last years...is that the Annunaki did manipulate our genes for their own selfish reasons, but they are not responsible for creating the human race...although the Annunaki did interbreed with certain lineages, as they only have 11 strand potential, whereas originally we were 12 strand potential before the fall from Tara and the scambling of DNA, you may know as the Tower of Babel

The Tower of Babel was when God had confused the languages, according to the works of Ashayana Deane voyagers II. By God (another God the Annunaki, not the true God) by saying they confused the languages was when they scrambled the 144 fire letters of our DNA..the fire letters represent the toning or vibration of languages. When certain tonings are sounded it forms a kristiac pattern....these patterns are in our DNA, so the Annunaki removed alot of the tonings from the languages, therefore all 144 tones were not present and could not form these kristiac pattern, and our DNA or the other 10 strands became dormant because of the missing tones..Anuhazi is said to be the first true original language of our time..it was spoken by the Essenes and Jeshua Melchizadek (Jesus Christ) it had all 144 fire letters or tones.

Sound is vibration, everything is vibration!!

firecatpickles

According to archaeologists there is a direct correlation between alien myths and countries in which the native populations have been severely displaced (US, Australia, New Zealand, Mexico.) The harsher and ruder the displacement the more viable the myth.

Lillie

Phoenix Rising said:
The Mitochondria of woman(only woman carry) can be traced right back to The one woman in Africa!

I thought everyone had mitochondrial DNA.
It's just that women pass it on to their children (as is, not recombined with the DNA of their mate) so it can be traced back through the female line to the 'Mitochondrial Eve' as she is called. Looking at the incidents of chance mutation through the generations.
Although men have it, they do not pass it on.

This can be compared with 'Y cromosome Adam'.
Only Men carry a Y cromosome. They pass it on to their sons only (it also in not recombined with any DNA of their mate.
Therefore this too can be traced back through the generations.

No. I can't spell cromosome. And I don't care.

By the way. I read a book ages ago that seemed to be saying what the first post talks about.
To be honest, I just got confused.
And the bird kept pecking it, so it went back to the library with these little, triangualar bits missing from the pages.

The name Sitchin rings a bell, though I think the book was by someone who was into Sitchins stuff, not by himself.

I usually like this kind of thing, but I couldn't get my head around that one.

Cerulean

Back to the original question, if it's okay...yes, the Etteilla Tarot had some interesting cards with Eve and the Garden of Eden, Birds of Fishes, etc...Rider Waite has Adam and Eve and serpent in the Lovers card. Yes, the Biblical stories have some allusions in the historic tarot designs.

It's nice to see world creation myths and stories in Western tarot heritage...

Cerulean