Tarot and Novels....

Teheuti

There's a fairly short tarot reading in _The Alchemist's Apprentice_ by Dave Duncan (2007). This is a historical fantasy-mystery that takes place in Venice in the 16th c.

Teheuti

Finally finished _The Alchemist's Apprentice_ by Dave Duncan. Just wanted to add that there's a second tarot reading that contains the key to the revelation of the murder. You get to try and figure out it's significance, along with the main character. In terms of style, this book is reminiscent of a Nero Wolf mystery (plus a little Agatha Christie), but as a magical Italian Renaissance period piece. It's very enjoyable for a fun read.

gregory

ahclem said:
I've already weighed in on Little, Big in previous threads, but I feel that it's impossible to recommend too highly.

As it happens, I just last weekend completed my fourth reading of it since I discovered it in the early 80s and, as Scion said, it changes and becomes richer with every reading.
I just started it. LOVELY.

alice_addams

Half Asleep in Frog Pajamas features a tarot reader as one of the main characters. One of the major subplots is a tarot mystery! There are some great pages wherein the main character gets her first reading. A very unique book by a unique author--Tom Robbins.

beachcomb

The Tarot Reader's Daughter by Helen Dunwoodie

it's an o.k. book, it's for a teen reader so it's definally a fast read.
there is a good review of the book on amazon's america site.

Lillie

alice_addams said:
Half Asleep in Frog Pajamas features a tarot reader as one of the main characters. One of the major subplots is a tarot mystery! There are some great pages wherein the main character gets her first reading. A very unique book by a unique author--Tom Robbins.

Frog Pyjamas!

I want Frog Pyjamas!

And I want them NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

jackdaw*

There's a very little bit of Tarot reading in "The Winter of Our Discontent" by John Steinbeck, and also "Where is Joe Merchant?" by Jimmy Buffett.

victoria.star

jackdaw* said:
There's a very little bit of Tarot reading in "The Winter of Our Discontent" by John Steinbeck, and also "Where is Joe Merchant?" by Jimmy Buffett.
The Winter of Our Discontent! Yes, I had forgotten that.
And, truth be told, Tom Robbins' Half Asleep in Frog Pajamas is a SPECIAL story.

Manda

There is a young adult novel called City of Bones by Cassandra Clare in which a tarot deck plays a small but important role.