TAROT APOKALYPSIS, Eric Dunne

Essjay

Well, I have preordered the book and deck combo. Very excited to say the least and Amazon say delivery is next month! I mean, I'm prepared to wait longer if necessary but next month would be wonderful!

Eta: I follow Eric on FB and there doesn't seem to have been many cards shown there which means the deck will be mostly a surprise which I'm looking forward to.

gregory

Gregory....you are right about that, decided to give it a go again, hoping to find a kinder more positive environment this time around. So far so good....but early days my friend!
PM me if you need your back covered })

Scarlet Woodland

Where the Tarot Illuminati is very "traditional" in its RWS approach ( although all dressed up and going to the party ), Tarot Apokalypsis is a study in finding "New" and "Fresh" ways of presenting the card themes and concepts.....it is also a deep examination into mystery cults and practices...so a bit of a history lesson as well as a wonderfully fully functioning tool of divination.

Yep, that did it :D Have just pre-ordered.

FLizarraga

Where the Tarot Illuminati is very "traditional" in its RWS approach ( although all dressed up and going to the party ), Tarot Apokalypsis is a study in finding "New" and "Fresh" ways of presenting the card themes and concepts.....it is also a deep examination into mystery cults and practices...so a bit of a history lesson as well as a wonderfully fully functioning tool of divination.

I think I'm sold.... :thumbsup:

EDunne

You Guys ROCK!

Cocobird55

i guess the book and the deck are being sold separately?

EDunne

i guess the book and the deck are being sold separately?

No...not at all....sold as a kit....the companion book is hardcover, over 400 pages and full color....dont ask me what I was thinking....who does that? LOL

Barleywine

I'm liking what I see on the Deviant Art site. The central images are certainly arresting, and the backgrounds are well-behaved; they aren't jostling for dominance with the foregrounds the way I sometimes found them on the Illuminati. Nicely balanced work overall. :thumbsup:

I'm wondering about a couple of things, though, that I didn't see mentioned on the site:

Cardstock. I bought the Illuminati kit and found the cardstock far too thick and stiff for my liking, and the stacked deck simply too tall. My attempts at shuffling had cards flying everywhere. Maybe I should have bought the "standard" version, assuming it had more flexible card stock. What about here?

Structure. Since it's dubbed a "tarot," is the deck a "standard" 78-card set with the usual divisions, or does it innovate (a kinder word than "deviate") in any marked way?

Finish. Is the deck gilded? I had no trouble with the edges sticking together on my Illuminati, but I know some people did and it was occasionally severe.

Symbolism: The titles seem to follow convention for the most part in the cards I saw (with some welcome twists), but some of the images are clearly non-standard (or at least visionary). Is it intended for use as a typical tarot deck or more as an oracle? I suppose the short answer could be "Yes," but I'd like to know what I'm getting into. I don't spend much time with companion books these days, so if it's symbolically free-ranging I'll just go into "intuitive mode" and wing it.

Cocobird55

No...not at all....sold as a kit....the companion book is hardcover, over 400 pages and full color....dont ask me what I was thinking....who does that? LOL

Thanks for clarifying that. i preordered through Amazon today. i love the illuminati, and am looking forward to your new deck. The scans have been amazing.

gregory

A hardcover book in the KIT ? Like wow....

Sadly I shan't be ordering till later in the year - my Annual Bulk Avoid Postage Costs Lo Scarabeo Order !

They BETTER hadn't run out....