Tarot Journaling Software?

reader_brad

I've spent a lot of time looking for tarot journaling software. I was looking for something that is specific to tarot, not a generic scrapbook or note-taking program. I also wanted this software to be customizable, rather than having to use pre-programmed decks and spreads. I was disappointed. I found ONE program, but it's price was a hefty $60. Ouch.

So, I'm developing my own! I'm a programmer, and I'm making my own program.

It's Menu currently looks like this:

-Deck
----Add
----Edit
----View
-Spreads
----Add
----Edit
----View

Soon, it will have

-Readings
----Add
----Edit
----View
-Querents
----Add
----Edit
----View

Further, the files that it creates can be copied and shared... so that Jane can give her really cool deck she just spent an hour entering with Sally that wants that deck and has an awesome spread to trade

What features would you, other readers, like to see in a tarot journaling program?

Mellifluous

A sensible, robust tagging system and search function. (I'm presuming you're creating it to be able to add images of cards already.)

Also, it should be easy to add in other types of oracle decks.

Would also be a good idea to make it easy to export the data and import it into some other software, so... compatible with what's already out there.

Good luck!

Lunalyn

compatability with Linux systems?

lyn

RexMalaki

Journal Entry
Edit
Add
View
Remove

text is good, ability to add pix is better.

...pencil on paper is good too...

reader_brad

compatability

Compatability has been something I've been keeping in mind. Currently, the files that it writes can be read in any operating system. I've used linux for a number of years myself, and I know how frustrating it is to need software that runs on windows only. Give me some time, I'll make it compatable for you!

Unfortunatly, I'm just not a good enough programmer to be able to pick apart other software's data files and figure out what makes them tick. However, with the files that mine writes, it can easily be edited using even a simple notepad... and you don't have to be a computer geek to do it.

reader_brad

journal entry

tell me more about this journal entry idea you have. How would you describe it?

SarahRacheal

Ok heres the things that go into my notes
Date and who I'm reading for
Deck I'm using
spread layout and position names
reoccurring symbols in the reading
Interpretation

I also track how many times a given card comes up for me in a given time span, I think it was in one of Mary K Greer's books, all the cards along the the bottom and frequency going up the side and all I'm doing is putting the date in the corresponding box on the chart.

Any way you can add links between the headings would in my view be helpful ie being able to pull all of the readings that have a celtic cross spread, all of a friends readings or all of the readings with a certain symbol etc

Just my thoughts, hope some of them help :)

reader_brad

link to software

Here is a link to a picture, and free download of the software I'm working on. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE understand that this software has never been released before, so I have NO idea how it will act on your computer.

1) I'm going to be adding a "notes" area to the add reading screen.

2) I will also be adding the ability to see every reading a particular querent has had in the view -> querents section.

http://tarotjournal.livetarotcard.com

graspee

visual

It might be nice to make it a bit more visual, especially when it comes to things like spreads and so on. Unless the screenshots you showed were unrepresentative it looks very much like a bunch of vb controls linked to a database.

I wouldn't normally make this kind of criticism, especially with such an early release of software, but you did put a pricetag of $7.50 on there so I'm assuming this is going to be something you're going to be selling.