Tarot Made Easy Book

bella7777

Hi, I love this tarot book I have- it is called "Tarot made Easy" by Nancy Garen.
It has a nice introduction and even has a 32 card spread and each card has categories that you can read if you are asking about something specific in areas such as finances, romance, work and career and so on....
Does anyone else have this book? What do you think of it?
:)
-Bella

tarotbear

This book gets discussed many times on this forum.

I have discussed her book with Garen herself. She will tell you it is a distillation of her many years of tarot reading. From that standpoint, it is a teriffic book. She will also tell you it is not a book for beginners.

From a novice standpoint her book will appear too good to pass up.

Pass it up. :bugeyed:

If you are trying to learn Tarot, 'Tarot Made Easy' is NOT easy. Too much info that works to confuse, not enhance. I tell my beginning Tarot students to NOT buy this book; ask for it as a gift once you have done other Tarot study.

If you are an experienced reader such as I am, it's a great reference book when things get snagged and you need to see someone else's interpretation on a card that is hanging you up. In that instance this is a teriffic reference book.

bella7777

Agreed

Hi Tarotbear,
Yes- I thought this was an easy book. I am not an advanced practitioner, so this book seemed to help me a lot- As far as having categories that gave me a clear answer to my question. I just think of my question, shuffle, then read the category in reference to my question.
Although sometimes i get confusing answers- i am unsure. Should i go by what the category in the book tells me or the real meaning of the actual card?
This confuses me. I realize this is an advanced book. Any recommendations?
:)
-Bella

CandyApple

I like the book. I use it for reference and small bit of numerology. It was the first book I bought a long long time ago. It does look a bit scary with all the catagoriee, but as long as you don't try to memorize the entire book I think you will alright.

tarotbear

bella7777 said:
As far as having categories that gave me a clear answer to my question. I just think of my question, shuffle, then read the category in reference to my question.
Although sometimes i get confusing answers- i am unsure. Should i go by what the category in the book tells me or the real meaning of the actual card?

It is difficult to answer that question satisfactorily. One of Nancy's responses told me I am going to have prostate problems! I mean - any man over 40 is probably going to have prostate problems -- so how does that response relate to females - who have no prostate?

This is what I meant by TOO MUCH INFORMATION. Yes, in many ways my own book has this same shortcoming - just because someone asks a 'love' question it does not mean the answer in my book will answer every 'love' question. What I hope my book does is become a springboard that gets you thinking about the other related answers that may not be included in that book. I will admit - coming up with 38 different meanings for 78 cards was quite a feat - but that does not exhaust the possibilities. That is why as a reference book Tarot Made Easy (and so I don't have to repeat myself in another thread "Tarot Plain and Simple" (is anything but plain but it is simple) works, but as a 'learning how to read' textbook - no.

When you get a 'confusing answer' because you are looking up every card in a spread by category, I would suggest that you only look up the cards that you cannot 'make fit' and see if using what you already know about the cards you understand, plus Nancy's guidence for those cards you may be having a difficult time working with - may help answer your question. Using one book/author's interpretation only is never a good idea.