Tarot Mucha

Cocobird55

Don't worry about me being disappointed. You do make it sound very charming, and I'm looking forward to it coming.

Cocobird55

My Mucha arrived today. So far, I've only looked through the cards and I like them a lot. Looks like it will be very easy to read with. It's a very pretty deck, and I'm glad that I have it.

The box is also very nice. I used to need to buy bags for my decks when they were in the fragile boxes, but I think this box will keep them very well.

Madrigal

Okay, enable me. How is everyone liking this deck? Lyrical and lovely flash in the pan? Or workhorse (tacked up with flourish, of course)?

Essjay

Okay, enable me. How is everyone liking this deck? Lyrical and lovely flash in the pan? Or workhorse (tacked up with flourish, of course)?

I love this deck. It was a complete surprise to me. I saw a couple of cards before it was released and wrote it off because it was too pretty. In my mind I couldn't see how it could have any substance - I mean, how could it? It was all wibbly borders and fluttering gowns! But it's such a great reader for me. Despite its looks it reads reliably and is really not what I expected at all!

Le Fanu

I agree with Essjay - I wasn't expecting it to go much beyond the LoS Art Nouveau deck (which I never liked) - but it is in a different league. I don't know quite what it has that makes me keep going back to it, but I love it. Apart from the imagery, I like the way it feels in the hand, the size and cardstock. It's an effortless read - just RWS through and through without some of the more esoteric symbolism. But very borderlessly appealing when laid out on the table. All very fluttery and flowery and diaphanous but somehow substantial for a good reading.

Cocobird55

I bought this deck for the art, and was surprised when it turned out to be an excellent reading deck. I definitely recommend it.

Morwenna

I've been ignoring it, but I just looked at the scans here and wow!! Maybe it'll go on my wish list after all.

Madrigal

Thank you, enablers. I shall now pop over to the 'what's the postman bringing?' thread to post there.

I looked at a bunch more images, didn't love the Hermit or the Moon. I mean aesthetically they're gorgeous but considering this is a Tarot deck there are certain things left out that don't work for me. But I *love* the Strength card and that's a make-or-break card for me in a deck. The World is nicely rendered and the Seven of Pentacles is good, too. Wondering how the HP has been interpreted. And the Six of Swords.

Le Fanu

Oh I love the Hermit card - I think it's one of the best. My reservations are only that a few of the cards have "odd" / off faces which I can't help but notice. Not quite so well drawn, maybe 4 or 5. I shalln't say which as I don't want to ruin the deck for anyone, but the Hermit is lovely!

Nina*

My favorite card from this deck is the 2 of Swords. Stunning!