Tarot Mucha

Tarotwolf

I actually wasn't going to buy this deck but last weekend I attended a "new age" fair and felt compelled to buy something from a friend who had a booth set up. The Tarot Mucha was one of the few decks I didn't have, so I went ahead and bought it. I'm glad I did! I really like this deck a lot. When I opened the box and started checking out the cards my first reaction after seeing the Fool and Magician was - "Oh no, they painted all the characters as women!". But I soon found that wasn't the case. In fact, that's what made me hesitate buying the deck initially. I figured all the cards would have similarly depicted women in dreamy, languid poses.

As far as the borders, I quite like them. The face in the sun is a bit odd but then I think the same thing of the sun in the RWS. It's funny, but the thing that made me do a double take, was the hairstyle and hand gesture on the World card. The hairstyle just seems totally out of place. Don't ask me why, it just does!

Anyway, this deck surprised me and I'm glad I purchased it.

Owl Song

I just picked this up last weekend and it's such a lovely deck. Besides its beauty, the cards are interesting. It manages to be a very readable RWS clone that still gives us some new angles on familiar imagery.

I love the antique coloring and the borders work well for this deck. I truly felt like I was looking through a vintage Tarot deck as I sifted through the cards for the first time.

My favorite Lo Scarabeo deck besideso The Fey and one I will be using often.

Dara

I got Tarot Mucha just a few days ago, and I think its my new favorite deck already!

The artwork is amazing. I think attributing the name of the deck to Mucha is misleading, because its not an "art" deck like some others. These images were drawn with tarot in mind and intent, which makes a big difference.

I did a few readings for some friends with this deck already, and its surprisingly easy to read and read well, especially for a deck that I had for less than a week. My deck's cardstock is quite thick. I don't know if different printings had different cardstock because I have read a few complaints of it being too thin and flimsy. However, for me, I find it almost too thick. Its definitely the thickest of the 7 tarot decks I currently own. Perhaps I'm not use to thicker cardstock yet, but I found it slightly awkward to shuffle due to the thickness. Then again thats only if I try to riffle shuffle it (sorry I like to riffle shuffle my tarot decks).

Favorite Cards so far: 2 of Pentacles, 2 of Swords (amazing), 3 of Cups, Queen of Swords, Knight of Swords, the Devil, the Hanged Man (if only his face wasn't at a weird angle, this could have easily been my favorite depiction of a male on a tarot card), Temperance (a card I typically have trouble connecting with but this one clicks), Justice, and the Fool (I find the dog's tongue funny)

I don't particularly dislike any cards, but I did find some that were questionable: 8 of Wands (the image of a figure throws me off but I like that she's there. I'm just not sure if I understand her expression with the eight of wands though), the Lovers (the angel on this card is the scariest thing in this entire deck which does not make sense to me), 8 of cups (the figure is walking towards us and smiling which gives it a totally different reading than traditional RWS), the Hermit (gorgeous card, however she looks like she is scared and paralyzed by fear which isn't something I usually get from hermit cards).

Overall, its a lovely deck that is easy to read and provides a warm, comforting touch. The sepia tones and muted colors make it a great deck for autumn although I could see myself working with it year round.

Sar

How is this deck compared to the Romantic Tarot, who is done by the same illustrator?

The Happy Squirrel

I love Mucha's artwork but this is Mucha Inspired, yes?

staticfuzz

I love Mucha's artwork but this is Mucha Inspired, yes?

They're not actually Mucha paintings, although some cards (like The Moon) are pretty much copies of Mucha with altered colors/backgrounds.

I love Mucha's artwork so much, and while these cards are not as pretty as actual Mucha, they are still gorgeous gorgeous tarot cards.

The Happy Squirrel

They're not actually Mucha paintings, although some cards (like The Moon) are pretty much copies of Mucha with altered colors/backgrounds.

I love Mucha's artwork so much, and while these cards are not as pretty as actual Mucha, they are still gorgeous gorgeous tarot cards.

I have always struggled with famous art/artists inspired deck no matter how pretty. Sadly. Love the vibe on this one. But just can't bring myself not to feel a bit bothered by that fact :(

G6

How is this deck compared to the Romantic Tarot, who is done by the same illustrator?

I'd like to know this too. Does anyone have both decks?