Tarot No-No's!!!

jdev

This is intended to be a fun thread where we expose our embarrassing or "I wish I hadn'ta done that" moments. :)

The other day, I did my first face to face reading and it was a success - but not initially. Somewhere I got it in my head if all the cards were reversed just to pull them up, shuffle, and recast them. So, I'm sitting there, the querent has cut the cards, I've shuffled until I think it's time, and I cast them: The Hermit Rx; The High Priestess Rx; Another Major Arcana I can't remember, Rx. LOL - So I say "UH-OH!" and scoop them all up quick as lightening like I'm trying to hide something. I'm belly laughing now, but at the time it wasn't too funny. I looked at my friend's face and she was all "Wha? Wh? What? Wha? Wh?" I had to explain to her that I thought that I should take up all the cards since they were reversed.

So, Tarot No-No Number 1: Never scoop up the cards like you're trying trying to steal them!

What have you done, kind friends??!?

Manda

Me, I am basically perfect...

No, I kid, I jest!

The next time you get all reversals many readers treat them as all right side up. That was what I learned, anyway, but I don't read with the buggers anyway. Unless they insist.

When I assume, I inevitably make an ass out of u and me. So, yeah no assumptions. :rolleyes:

Rasa

Tarot No-No #3:
Don't make jokes about serious cards, before you know anything about the reading/querent.

Once, the first card I flipped over was the Death card, right at the centre of a woman's reading.. she looked kind of nervous, so I said, "Don't worry, I'm not going to tell you that you're going to die!" and kind of giggled/smiled. I was trying to lighten the mood a bit, but then she told me she had just lost someone close to her... whoops. :S
Sometimes a reading that starts heavy is supposed to be heavy.

MissJo

Tarot no no: Don't do readings when you're sick!
Nearly passed out from just holding my deck... but I managed to do two readings. TEST OF STRENGTH, PASSED.

Following nap, amazing<3
Lesson definitely learned XDD

Also, not listening to readings.
I swear, my Mystic went nagging wife on me when I didn't listen to a particular reading. It got to the point WHERE EVERY SINGLE READING HAD TO DO WITH THAT PARTICULAR THING! I wanted to rip my hair out!

I finally gave in.
I have been happier since then, but @_@

Little_Sparrow

Tarot No No: Don't dare your deck

I have allowed stress to make me a bit convalescent as of late and in virtually EVERY personal reading I did (and many that were done for me by others) the 4 of Swords was popping up. Finally one day I look at my deck as I was about to shuffle for a question and I told it "I swear - I dare you to throw that card out I dare you- I'm tired of seeing it" - I did my shuffling and the first card that came out was the 4 of Swords - my jaw dropped and I laughed at myself.
I pushed and they pushed back lol
I couldn't get angry - I love my decks for a reason lol :love:

lilangel09

Tarot No-no: Don't force your deck to give you an answer, or even an answer you like.

"Tell me what will happen." Deck - 2 of Swords, with the lady staying all silent and stoic

"Do you think I'll get that deck?" Deck - 4 of Swords "No, you'll be too slow and lazy."

Laura Borealis

Don't bury your deck in the garden, no matter how sage the advice to do so seemed;
nor how tightly you wrapped it against the damp. It WILL warp and be forever bowed.

Barleywine

Tarot no-no-no you don't :)
Never assume you have mastery over the cards, unless you can't live without a regular kick in the head. At best you have the privilege of their conversation.

tarotcognito

Tarot-related no-no:

Never buy five decks at the same time, on sheer impulse, using a credit card. >_<

Barleywine

Tarot no-no:

Never browse Amazon for a deck you really like until you confirm that it isn't OOP. $150 for a deck of CARDS??? $300????!!!! Oh my . . . like The Coasters sang in that old r&b song, "Shopping for Clothes": "I'm sorry, my man, but your credit didn't go through." Unfortunately, it probably would.