Tarot of Atlantis wrong LWB?

Aeric

I recently received the Tarot of Atlantis by Lo Scarabeo from an Ebay seller. I think the wrong LWB may have been packaged in the box despite it being brand new unopened.

Please see attached pics. The LWB has nothing to do with the deck and its illustrations look like they come from the Golden Universal Tarot. It doesn't match up with the reviews of the deck I've seen.

If it this is a mistake, how would I go about getting a replacement LWB? Would LS send one? Atlantis is 12 years old and I hope they could still find extra booklets if there were new printings?

Attachments

• 20151202_125003.jpg
    20151202_125003.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 257
  • 20151202_125028.jpg
    20151202_125028.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 226

rwcarter

I'd contact LoS through their website or send them an email (info@loscarabeo.com ?) or try PMing Riccardo or maybe all 3.

Yes, that definitely looks like the wrong LWB. The back of it looks like the Decameron (I think). Not sure what that LWB should go to as the images on front and back are definitely 2 different decks.

seedcake

Yes, that definitely looks like the wrong LWB. The back of it looks like the Decameron (I think). Not sure what that LWB should go to as the images on front and back are definitely 2 different decks.

It's Casanova but in the face is The Magician from Universal. Maybe it's general LWB? In the second page should be written the name of the deck anyway.

Aeric

Thanks! I will contact everyone suggested. I doubt the store that sold me the deck can do anything about it.

Yes, the book does appear very general. There is no deck name. Right from the first page, the sections are:

Learning Tarots

A Brief History of the Tarots

The origins of the Tarots - history and legend

What are the Tarots.

Celtic Cross spread

The ritual

The meaning of upside-down cards

Reading for oneself

Also, I think the background image of the CC spread is from yet another deck! This is a really cute little general LWB.

Attachments

• 20151202_152608.jpg
    20151202_152608.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 187
  • 20151202_152625.jpg
    20151202_152625.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 187

seedcake

Yes, another deck in a little book. I think it was meant that this particular deck had only general booklet. Maybe someone was too lazy to write about Atlantis.

rwcarter

The earlier versions of T of Atlantis has a fold-out LWB if memory serves. I know I have 2 copies but don't remember if one of them has a true LWB or not.

seedcake

The earlier versions of T of Atlantis has a fold-out LWB if memory serves. I know I have 2 copies but don't remember if one of them has a true LWB or not.

Oh, that's very possible. I don't own Atlantis but I have one of the older decks (maybe published in the same time) - Tarot of The Imagination with art by Pinter. LWB is fold-out too.

Aeric

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/atlantis/review.shtml

This review says that Atlantean characters are attached to the archetypes and lists them from a LWB.

Actually the reason I bought this deck in the first place was for the LWB because I wanted to see how this particular author interpreted Atlantis, and not everything's clear from the cards.

I'll ask for a replacement.

Metafizzypop

I have this deck, and it comes with its own specific LWB, just like all the other LoS decks. The front says Tarot of Atlantis in five languages, and it shows one of the cards.

It's a terrible LWB. The meanings in it appear to have no relation whatsoever to the cards. So even when you have the right book, it still feels like having the wrong book.

As far as interpreting Atlantis goes, they don't do a good job on that, either.

Aeric

That seems to be the case of a few earlier LS decks I have.

Nonetheless it apparently includes characters from Atlantis fiction and Mediterranean history like Antinea and Melkart, so I'm interested in how the author blended various cultures and depictions.