Tarot of Physics

AstaCakes

Oh wow, I just discovered this deck while browsing Tarot Garden (bad Asta, bad, you're meant to be saving). This is the scientific deck I've been waiting for! Unbelievably simple, elegant, and with specific examples of real physics theorys/applications and the suits changed to Energy, Space, Time, and Matter. Self published so I don't think it comes with a book or anything, but on the artist's site it looks like they're going to give an in-depth explanation of all the cards.

Really tormenting myself over these, saving for a massive venture in the summer, but do self-published cards stay around for too long? What if they run out and never get reprinted? :(

gregory

It depends ENTIRELY on how popular they turn out to be. I know of some that have stuck around for years; others that fell out of the world in a matter of weeks.

I have to say this one is a toughie, and I would GUESS (only guess, do NOT take my word for it :eek:) that it will be a while before it sells out.

AstaCakes

Heh, yeah, I guess I'm for getting not everyone is a total geek :cool: hopefully they should stay safe til my birthday in summer then.

So, is it just me and my physics fetish, or is anyone else interested in these?

gregory

AstaCakes said:
Heh, yeah, I guess I'm for getting not everyone is a total geek :cool: hopefully they should stay safe til my birthday in summer then.

Aerin is THE one who understands it best, as far as I know.... My physics is CRAP.... :|

AstaCakes

Aha, hope she drops by, I'm feeling like an uber-nerd for liking these so much :laugh:

nisaba

AstaCakes said:

Yes, although it is probably my completionist streak: I have both editions of the Quantum, I just received the Science Tarot, and only the Physics Tarot awaits to complete my science-based sub-collection!

Like you, I too have a birthday some time ahead of me this year - get in quick, folks, and help me celebrate in scientific style! <evil grin>

nisaba

AstaCakes said:
Oh wow, I just discovered this deck while browsing Tarot Garden
<shakes head sadly> There are bad, bad people running the Tarotgarden. I've always thought so.

rachelcat

Another completionist nerd here. I took the Quantum, Science, and Physics to a tarot society meeting and a friend and I played with three-deck readings. Everybody else avoided us--the mad scientists!

I think I like the Physics the best of the three. Although the Science is also cool. I honestly don't know enough about physics to "get" the Quantum off hand. It's going to take some studying.

I like that all the info you need is on the cards themselves. And the logical suit organization. And the cute little cotton bag!

nisaba

<sadly> My completionism is unexpressed (a term in genetics) as yet - the Physics still eludes me. I do, however, have both Quantums! Go, me!

Gerbear

AstaCakes said:

Is having an Astronomy degree close enough? :) I have worked for NASA and sundry agencies, but now I'm interested in hyperdimensional physics. It's a field which is still being defined, although many consider it fringe science. Of course way back, physics, itself was considered to be on the fringe also!