Tarot On Tv!!!

mercenary30

I was watching Good Morning America which is an ABC morning news and talk show here in the US of A.

They are having a discussion this morning regarding Pope Joan and show evidence as to whether or not she existed. While doing a little highlight about it, they flashed the Papess from the Visconti gold deck!!! That was quite cool!

Tarotphelia

ABC Primetime had a full segment on the Pope Joan controversy this evening, and it was kind of cool to see 3 old Papess cards (and one modern one) flashed on the screen during the show . The Papess card was a central theme .

I think they are trying to get people primed to watch interviews regarding the new Pope Joan book.

Here's a show link - you can click on video and see some footage too.

http://abcnews.go.com/Primetime/story?id=1453197&page=1

Kissa

i read the full article, thanks!

i knew the story already but it is nice to think that a larger audience than typical tarot-wackos like us will read this or see the show as well.

what do you think, Dark Inquisitor, did Pope Joan exist?

i think she did. i think she gave birth and was killed, with her baby right on the spot. and i think the crwod might well habe been manipulated by bishops or other church influent ppl witnessing the birth and aware of the scandal.

kissa

Tarotphelia

I think it could very well be true. It's one of those stories that seems too weird to make up, and saying something like that about the church in past times might have gotten one in a load of trouble.

As for deciding if the Papess represents Pope Joan , I don't think it matters if the story is true or not . The card could be representing the real thing, or just the story itself . The question then becomes why a person/event that was so infuriating and humiliating to the church was put into the deck. Even if the card does not represent that particular person or event , the idea of a papess at all is completely anti the church and would likely be seen as a great heresy.