Temperance as feelings for someone?

SpaceCadet

What do you make of Temperance as feelings for someone?

Thank you all!

starrystarrynight

It could be that they feel they could blend quite well with the person.

It could be that they feel a relationship with the person would require a lot of patience and that they would have to tone down in some way to fit in with her/him.

It could also be that they feel the person is so different from them in some way that this fact, alone, makes the person more interesting to them (i.e. opposites attract.)

Just a few thoughts...

SpaceCadet

starrystarrynight said:
It could be that they feel they could blend quite well with the person.

It could be that they feel a relationship with the person would require a lot of patience and that they would have to tone down in some way to fit in with her/him.

It could also be that they feel the person is so different from them in some way that this fact, alone, makes the person more interesting to them (i.e. opposites attract.)

Just a few thoughts...
Makes sense for sure....I asked what someone's strongest feelings were for me. He knows I don't trust him and all I've ever done was point out all the differences between us. It's so fascinating how tarot actually does make sense. Thank you, Starry!

littlestar

I'd say the temperance as feelings for someone indicates they're feeling a need to 'go with the flow' to some extent but also maintain some sort of control over how they feel not wanting to jump two feet in so to speak.

SpaceCadet

littlestar said:
I'd say the temperance as feelings for someone indicates they're feeling a need to 'go with the flow' to some extent but also maintain some sort of control over how they feel not wanting to jump two feet in so to speak.
Yep. I actually knew this about him. I'm just trying to figure out why he would feel Temperance for me. It was a strange pull for me, like, why would he make such a concentrated effort with me? Weird. I pulled a clarifier....8 swords. So holding back definitely a theme going on.

littlestar

SpaceCadet said:
Yep. I actually knew this about him. I'm just trying to figure out why he would feel Temperance for me. It was a strange pull for me, like, why would he make such a concentrated effort with me? Weird. I pulled a clarifier....8 swords. So holding back definitely a theme going on.

If 8 of swords was the clarifer then he is definately holding back due to feeling limited and restricted to some point, he is blinded and doesnt know what to make of the path ahead. He is unsure of himself, what to do and the feelings he has.

SpaceCadet

littlestar said:
If 8 of swords was the clarifer then he is definately holding back due to feeling limited and restricted to some point, he is blinded and doesnt know what to make of the path ahead. He is unsure of himself, what to do and the feelings he has.
This is exactly how I felt about this card. I just don't think he thinks enough of me to put so much thought into "tip toeing" around me so I kept turning it over in my head for other meanings. It may seem so simple to you as a tarot reader but I am new to tarot and I just find that amazing. Thank you!

SpaceCadet

starrystarrynight said:
Astrologically speaking we are polar opposites. And it has become kind of a joke between us. How funny.

Tzabaoth

fire and water blending together to become something new and pure... near perfection, chemistry between two people... the grand passion / great work.

I see temperance as more of an indication of long enduring, substantial love over the actual lovers card... it's like the divine spark of a relationship.

SpaceCadet

Tzabaoth said:
fire and water blending together to become something new and pure... near perfection, chemistry between two people... the grand passion / great work.

I see temperance as more of an indication of long enduring, substantial love over the actual lovers card... it's like the divine spark of a relationship.
Oooh that is so beautiful!!