Temptation?

BrightEye

I'm wondering whether to keep in touch with someone over the next week or so or lay off it for a bit. I used the Tarot of the Old Path. My question: What's my best course of action?

High Pristess - Temptation (Devil) - King of Cups

The King makes me think to exercise emotional restraint, and the HP, although not seated or passive in this deck, makes me think of independence but also frankness.

I'm not sure how to read Temptation. The woman in this card looks surprisingly similar to the HP, but her hair is braided, not free-flowing, suggesting restraint. So all in ll, the cards may suggest a step back.

On the other hand, the King could be the other person involved and maybe also the guy in Temptation. Maybe he would welcome communication even though he might not let on.

With so many of my readings, I can see two possibilties. Which one is it?

Also, there are 2 majors in a very mundane reading, which makes me think...

obeygravity

I actually feel like this is showing that you won't be keeping in touch, or if you do, you'll be rather cold and controlled about it. With the HP there, I think that's you. You're likely to only reveal positivity if something happens that calls for it. And the King of Cups is likely the person you're thinking of contacting. Temptation in the middle makes me feel like someone may be left wanting more out of the interaction.

BrightEye

obeygravity said:
Temptation in the middle makes me feel like someone may be left wanting more out of the interaction.
Who might that be? Him or me?

Thanks, obeygravity. I also think the HP is me (also from previous readings).

obeygravity

BrightEye said:
Who might that be? Him or me?

Thanks, obeygravity. I also think the HP is me (also from previous readings).

Well, seeing as the King of Cups is more likely to want to share a lot more in comparison to the High Priestess, I think it's going to be him wanting more out of things.

BrightEye

Lol, that's one way to keep them keen. Or maybe not.

willowfox

A balance between over indulgence and doing nothing, therefore give them a friendly wave now and again, and a nice smile, say a few nice things and walk off.

starrystarrynight

Yes, Wield Willowfox's Words of Wisdom. :)

Give him (King of Cups) a chance to obsess and think about (Devil) your mysterious little old self (High Priestess.)

Ronia

The King of Cups is a master over his emotions and the HP is even more of a mistress over her emotions. To me the Temptation squeezed between those two will remain unused and unresolved for now. As you asked kind of advice, I'd say "no" - master your emotions, stay away.

BrightEye

starrystarrynight said:
Yes, Wield Willowfox's Words of Wisdom. :)

Give him (King of Cups) a chance to obsess and think about (Devil) your mysterious little old self (High Priestess.)
Ha, you're trying to flatter me into it! I've been mulling over what willowfox - and now you - said. It's a tricky one. I think the best way to stay mysterious and HP-like would be to remain silent. On the other hand, I seem (in his eyes) to be aloof and unreachable anyway (think HP and Empress together)...

PAMUYA

High Pristess - Temptation (Devil) - King of Cups

The King of Cups keeps this feelings to himself, and so does the High Prietess, with Temptation in the middle.

I agree, keep to yourself, and let that temptation simmer.