The A. Nonny Mouse Promotional Tarot Deck Parts I, II & III

All Is One

I did my two versions of the three of cups. It took some doing, and my first "finished" version will forever be hilarious to me (I might frame it as a joke on how not to do a three of anything, maybe I'll share it later.)

Andy said he will scan them later this evening.

I like both versions, but I think I could do them a lot better if I kept trying. I also know that trying for better will drive me insane and there will be no final product.

I don't have anything I like yet for the Ace of Swords.....

But I'm really happy I got away from my cartoon mode as it was not satisfying.

I wrote the LWB entries, sort of, for this one. I think I'm getting close to finished. This means I have about exactly half of the whole thing done.

Considering how crazy I've been on these medications this time and all the complaining, I'm very happy to have gotten this far.

I'm not promising anything, just finished cards. Ahhhhhh. The phrase "finished" is a beautiful thing in itself.

All Is One

Scanners Are Born In Hell

Still trying to upload the only scan that was even worth saving and it's not the card I planned on sharing.

Attachments

• mouse 1small.jpg
    mouse 1small.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 72

Jyscal

All Is One said:
I did my two versions of the three of cups. It took some doing, and my first "finished" version will forever be hilarious to me (I might frame it as a joke on how not to do a three of anything, maybe I'll share it later.)
please you must. I'm sure it's not that bad. Can't be worse than my first efforts.
All Is One said:
I also know that trying for better will drive me insane and there will be no final product.
i think i was going crazy at one stage ready to pounce on anyone who even mentioned the words "mouse" or "card". Just take long breaths and remember the mouse is your friend.
All Is One said:
Ahhhhhh. The phrase "finished" is a beautiful thing in itself.
To true. I'll try have some champagne waiting at the finish line.

All Is One

Thanks, Jyscal!

After I saw the scans of the two three of cups I could see that I have to draw them over again. They need to be clearer lines and more centered. I think I can do this. It's not as hard as coming up with the idea in the first place.

It was very frustrating to see the way the scans distorted what the card looked like, it pointed out every flaw.

But I'm a great deal closer to finished than I was before, so that's great!

The mishap with my first three of cups was sort of stupid/funny. I drew three mice and three cups. The result is, no matter how you look at it, the six of something. It was only a draft, but I stood back and realized my problem and laughed.

Netzach

I found my cards! And I've started work on them!

Aerin

I have finished mine but not the words yet. Here's a small pen picture of what's intended to be on them:

2 Swords: There's a mouse. A blindfolded mouse. It is standing in a cat's open mouth but doesn't realise it because it is too busy thinking and not busy enough looking.

3 Pents: A harvest mouse has built a nest among the wheat stalks. Ahhhhh. It is very proud of the result which takes skill.

7 Pents: A flittermouse (bat, a fruit bat in fact) swoops in on some ripened grapes. There's a harvest moon in the background. One of the bunches of grapes is already starting to rot on the vine.

That's what I INTENDED, although... well...... I did my best. But really, not what you'd call an artist.

I have put the number and suit in the corner of the cards rather than try and force the number on the picture. The cat has two huge fangy teeth though, and the grapes are in bunches of 7...

Aerin

Netzach

Aerin said:
7 Pents: A flittermouse (bat, a fruit bat in fact) swoops in on some ripened grapes. There's a harvest moon in the background. One of the bunches of grapes is already starting to rot on the vine.

Aerin, I'm hoping fervently that when you say a bat, you actually mean a mouse wearing a bat costume. If you remember, Feretian laid down quite strict rules:

Feretian said:
Mice are in the Order Rodentia. Your typical mouse belongs to the family Muridae, genus mus. Fairly straightforward.

Bats are waaay over somewhere else, in the order Chiroptera, which roughly translates to "hand-wing"'and is unrelated to mice.

One might make a weak case for the mouse-eared bat (Myotis sp.) or the mouse-tailed bat (Rhinopomatidae sp.). But then might I be forced to sanction the mouse deer from the family Tragulidae (a primitive ruminant mammal unchanged in 5 million years) just because its common name so closely resembles that of Peromyscus sp., the deer mouse?

There's a whole bunch of marsupials that resemble mice, too, But they have tummy pouches. And they're not rodents.

And what about wings in general? If we make the jump to wings on a mouse, why not allow wings in general?

Bats are not, in fact, mice.

A mouse wearing a bat costume would be acceptable.

All Is One

Aerin, your pictures sound great. But my first thought was the same as Netzach. Hope it will pass the Feretian test.

The image I did post is going to be one of my Ace of Swords. It's hard to see because our scanner is just very difficult to deal with and we've never really learned to use this one. It scanned the image at 23 inches by some other astronomical size. I had to shrink it.

It's hard to see that the hilt of the sword is two mice and their tails.......but it's not that hard to see in person.

Netzach, congratulations on finding your cards!!!!!

Cat*

All Is One said:
The image I did post is going to be one of my Ace of Swords. It's hard to see because our scanner is just very difficult to deal with and we've never really learned to use this one. It scanned the image at 23 inches by some other astronomical size. I had to shrink it.

It's hard to see that the hilt of the sword is two mice and their tails.......but it's not that hard to see in person.
Sometimes, repetitions are a good thing. Otherwise, I'd have missed the opportunity to say something about your card. :bugeyed:
I recognized the two mice at the bottom! See? I can read your cards just fine! ;)

Plus, I like your style.

Aerin said:
I have finished mine but not the words yet. Here's a small pen picture of what's intended to be on them:

2 Swords: There's a mouse. A blindfolded mouse. It is standing in a cat's open mouth but doesn't realise it because it is too busy thinking and not busy enough looking.

3 Pents: A harvest mouse has built a nest among the wheat stalks. Ahhhhh. It is very proud of the result which takes skill.

Sounds great! I'm particularly curious to see the 2 of Swords. And I vote for allowing the flittermouse in. In German, "Flitter" means "tinsel." And we can't refuse that, right? :D We can justify it by saying the flittermouse distracted us from proper biological categorization with her shimmering tinsel things. Or something. Also, we need a reason for future biology geeks to call us on the fact that bats aren't mice, not even if they're called "something-mouse." It can be the built-in imperfection every human creation needs. :)

Netzach

I have to say that, personally, I would vote to retain the flittermouse/fledermaus. But I woudn't want Aerin to be on the receiving end of Feretian's wrath!