the all-singing, all-dancing ENABLING THREAD!

olivia1

Le Fanu said:
Everyone's gone into enabling overdrive here but I can't see any post by anybody which asked to be enabled on the Victorian Romantic or the Bohemian Gothic (remember how Sulis doesn't like abbreviations). They were mentioned in passing whilst talking about the Fairy Tale. But - hey! - press that Magic Realist button and it's kinda automatic.

I want to be enabled, Le Fanu ;) I want to want these decks. I want to feel a need to buy more MRP decks but I didn't even bother to aks because I think I would just be impossible to enable me

nisaba

olivia1 said:
I want to be enabled, Le Fanu ;) I want to want these decks. I want to feel a need to buy more MRP decks but I didn't even bother to aks because I think I would just be impossible to enable me
<astonished> You hate them THAT much? Haven't you seen scans?

olivia1

nisaba said:
<astonished> You hate them THAT much? Haven't you seen scans?

hahaha! its your fault! you denabled me! This was my dream deck but you did such a good job de-enabling that I turned cold towards them! I believed every word you and magpie said!!!!

Le Fanu

I didn't see your post.

Impossible to enable you? how so? Do you not realise that this deck has taken tarot to new heights and is getting scarcer and scarcer? Presumably you know where to get one from, otherwise you wouldn't be asking. And Im not sure how easy it is just to find this at the drop of a hat...

It deserves to be rare because it deserves to be bought up by every single tarot fan across the globe. In an ideal world there wouldn't be a single Victorian Romantic deck left for the taking.

Everything about it is perfect. No dud cards whatsoever. Impeccable book which I read once and the meanings etc have stayed in my brain until now (now that's quite a feat). A deck which is accessible, easy to read yet is solid and meaty.

Don't think Romantic here means simpering love interest. It's Romantic as in the literary movement and swooning damsels saved by dreamy knights.

I love this deck as much as I did on the first day. Staying power is something that so few decks have...

nisaba

olivia1 said:
hahaha! its your fault! you denabled me! This was my dream deck but you did such a good job de-enabling that I turned cold towards them! I believed every word you and magpie said!!!!
<grin>

I'm now officially confused.

You can't possibly be holding my superb de-enablement talents against me, can you? Just look at my sterling enabling work right here. Which version of me would you want watching your back in mid-battle? Buy, buy, buy!

nisaba

Le Fanu said:
IIt's Romantic as in .... swooning damsels saved by dreamy knights.
<disgusted look>

This is the ENABLING thread. Save that sort of nauseating stuff for That Other Place.

"Grandpa, do I HAVE to hear the kissy stuff?" (The Princess Bride)

F.M. Tarot

olivia1 said:
the fairytale tarot is more than gorgeous, Marina ;) It is 2 reading systems in one :) A part of me almost regrets getting it because now no other deck interests me. Part of the fun of tarot was checking out other decks, too...I mean, I actually had a wishlist before!

You will recover have no fear! ;) You're just in the new deck love/infatutaion phase!

Emylicious

Just wanted to tell the ones who enabled me on the Giger - it arrived today!

It seems much nicer than expected - it is BIG cards, and they are silver (whatever that means).

I'll have to see how they read, or they'll end up in the trading (shakes a warning finger at them to behave) but I don't think I regret the ebay mix up!

Emily x

kabang

Anyone care to defend the Legacy of the Divine? I was convincing myself to buy it, but then the creepy flying-heads Lovers cards put me off the whole deck. :bugeyed: (The Lovers is one of my *important* cards.) Any thoughts?

kabang

No one...? Everyone was creeped out by the Lovers card, too? *sniffle*