The AT Frankenstein Patchwork deck

Aulruna

Cat* said:
This may be a silly question, but how would I find out if there are any historical rune sites in my area?

In fact, there are, lucky you!!!!

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Runenstein

I've always wanted to go to the Haithabu museum myslef ... reenactor's heaven!! But alas, I'm at the other end of the country...

nisaba

Cat* said:
Oh dear, I can see a whole album of photo opportunities coming up... Frankendecken at the Reeperbahn, Frankendecken with a Currywurst, Frankendecken with a fish burger at the harbour, Frankendecken with a (dare I suggest this dreadful pun?) a Hamburger, Frankendecken vomiting into the Elbe from all the greasy food...

Did you know that a local Currywurst place won "Germany's Best Currywurst" on some TV show? And surely you remember the research trip for your coffee oracle we've been planning? })
<horrible laughter>

I could take it for a tour of iggerant southern coffee-shops. And gregory could buy it a Tim Hortons - what was it, an ice something? That wot she loves, that doubles her bodyweight when she merely describes it to me?

And if you're not going to do the fishmarket thing I will - drive with it in the pre-dawn to the fish co-op and share sashimi with it for an early breakfast, the tuna still wriggling and screaming quietly in the chopsticks. One for me, one for the deck. One for me, one for the deck.

Nobody tell Jeannette. I'm not going to share.

I dreamt I drove through Europe to Prague a few nights ago. Stalking Baba-Prague, I was. I got to have coffee in the dream, so I figure each of us should buy the deck coffee and photograph it in the cafes with it. (The city of Prague has excellent coffee, if the dream was anything to go by!)

I'm thinking about that Coffee Oracle again - the Frankendecker (much more authentically German than Frankendecken, the plural offends me!) would make a great Fool Card, for no better reason than its Fool's Journey could be literally portrayed in all the other cards, sitting near different kinds of brews.

Obviously I'm going insane. Help.

morticia monroe

Maybe spread out on a bartop on Bourbon Street? On a stump in the bayou? On the staircase in an antebellum home? Going through a drive-through liquor store? I will think on this.

OctoberGwen

morticia monroe said:
Maybe spread out on a bartop on Bourbon Street? On a stump in the bayou? On the staircase in an antebellum home? Going through a drive-through liquor store? I will think on this.
I think all of the above would be marvelous! :D

OctoberGwen

I can't think of anything cool to photograph Frank with. Who wants to see him hanging out with a housewife and her sons (no matter how cute they are)?

Is anybody on the tour from eastern MA? If not, perhaps I'll take him to Salem and he can pose with the witches. :cool:

jcwirish

I think I'll take Frank out to the desert near the red rocks for a photo op, and maybe down to the strip for some excitement. Maybe I'll find an Elvis impersonator to pose with him!

Someone should make a Youtube video on his travels. It could be like that video about the guy who travels all over the world dancing in strange and exotic places! :)

cardlady22

Another little logistical note:
Sometimes, for various reasons, a member finds they cannot get onto AT. It's a good idea to have the email addresses of a couple of other members to let them know if you are having trouble.

Oddity

Cat* said:
Frankendecken vomiting into the Elbe from all the greasy food... :D
(...a tiny little stream of confetti... poor Frankie...) :bugeyed:

nicole_

Oooh...Is anyone in Perth, Australia? I've lived there for a decade and has left there for a decade. Miss, miss, miss that place. Frankendecken Perth photos would be lovely.

In Singapore, I'll plan the monthly tarot gathering to coincide with Frankendecken's stay and take a group picture with him being the centre of attraction :D He is truely something special. World Tarot Ambassador!

thorhammer

nicole_ said:
Oooh...Is anyone in Perth, Australia? I've lived there for a decade and has left there for a decade. Miss, miss, miss that place. Frankendecken Perth photos would be lovely.
Hey honey - I'm in Perth :) You want a photo at a particular place?

\m/ Kat