The Book of the Law Study Group 3.10

Aeon418

More trivia

In verse 10 there are 52 words and 212 letters. [I have not included the ampersand as a letter or a word.]

52 - BHMH - Beast, cattle. (52 + 666 = 718. Cattle little and big?)

52 - ABA VAMA - Father and Mother.

52 - BN - The Son; a title of Tiphareth.

52 - YBM - A husbands brother. (Grigori ;))

52 - ΣTHΛH - Stele.

For 212 we have:

212 - ChDR - To enclose, secret chamber.

The number 212 also suggests to me 2:12.
II:12. Because of me in Thee which thou knewest not.

Verse 9 contains 22 words. Adding them to the 52 of verse 10 we get 74.

74 - LMD - Lamed, which is Atu VIII Adjustment - The Woman Justified by the Sword. Again more Lingam-Yoni symbolism.

Verse 9 contains 91 letters. Adding them to the 212 of verse 10 we get 303.
I can't find anything significant for this number. But there is a silly pun.

303 - Shin-Gimel. ShG. Sounds like....... Shag. :laugh:

Aeon418

If we include the ampersand then verse 10 would have 53 words.

53 - ABN - Stone.

Aeon418

Random thoughts...

In the original manuscript the phrase "stele of revealing" is not capitalized. This suggests to me that the emphasis is not exclusively on the physical stele.
http://lib.oto-usa.org/libri/liber0031.html?num=46

In an earlier post I quoted these two verses from chapter 5 of Liber LXV. Sorry if this seems a bit rambling and possibly off topic.
5. Now is the Pillar established in the Void; now is Asi fulfilled of Asar; now is Hoor let down into the Animal Soul of Things like a fiery star that falleth upon the darkness of the earth.

6. Through the midnight thou art dropt, O my child, my conqueror, my sword-girt captain, O Hoor! and they shall find thee as a black gnarl'd glittering stone, and they shall worship thee.
In verses 9 and 10 of the Book of the Law we have the Pillar [Stele] being established in the Void [Circle], creating the glyph of the sun or the symbol of the Lingam-Yoni. This enables Hoor to be let down into the "Animal Soul of Things". This is the Nephesh and also the World of Assiah. In his Liber LXV commentary Crowley says:
The “Animal Soul of things”, i.e., the Nephesch of the World. The Lord of the Aeon represents more than a new stage in the progressive infiltration of the darkness of matter by light. He acts directly on the World of Assiah.
A proof to the world?

From the perspective of the gods he is gently "let down". But from the perspective of Assiah he is "like a fiery star". In his book, Gunther compares this star to the Star Wormwood in the Apocalypse. And Crowley commenting on the symbolism of "midnight" and "a black gnarl'd glittering stone" has this to say:
The symbolism of midnight and of the “black gnarled glittering stone” suggests a reference to Atu XVIII where Kephra the Beetle, the Sun of Midnight, appears travelling in his bark under the Heaven. (The stone is everywhere conventionally accepted as a symbol of Sol.) Despite the promise of the symbol — “there is a budding morrow in midnight” — this first appearance of Horus is obscure and frightful. Yet He is found in this form and worshipped.
Atu XVIII The Moon is attributed to the letter Qoph, which is verse 19 according to the Hebrew letter sequence.
AL III:19. That stélé they shall call the Abomination of Desolation; count well its name, & it shall be to you as 718.
This instantly makes me think of that other Moon - Atu II The Priestess - Gimel. Remember how AL III:3 didn't appear to be a particularly good fit for the card/letter? First appearances can be deceptive. ;)
Liber Tzaddi

15. I have hidden myself beneath a mask: I am a black and terrible God.
16. With courage conquering fear shall ye approach me: ye shall lay down your heads upon mine altar, expecting the sweep of the sword.
17. But the first kiss of love shall be radiant on your lips; and all my darkness and terror shall turn to light and joy.
There's also a curious recurrence of Islamic symbolism. In AL III:10 we are told that the stele "shall be your Kiblah." In LVX 5:6 Horus is compared to a black stone. A Black Stone is embedded in the Kaaba at Mecca.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Stone
Legend has it that the stone comes from the time of Adam and Eve. And it is also reputed to be a meteorite, like "like a fiery star that falleth upon the darkness of the earth." An interesting use of symbolism...