The Devil

ana luisa

Ditto to DG. The rest of the spread may be essential. However, it seems nobody really included the child in the reading... I wonder why. Could the Devil be related to her relationship with this child? Could she be overloaded with the responsiblity of being a mother and feel tied to her chores with no possiblity of "escape"? Could the child be a "litle devil" driving her crazy in the house? I guess I would include him in the reading as well. The picture was not chosen at random. Nothing really is.

Azarial

ana luisa said:
Ditto to DG. The rest of the spread may be essential. However, it seems nobody really included the child in the reading... I wonder why. Could the Devil be related to her relationship with this child? Could she be overloaded with the responsiblity of being a mother and feel tied to her chores with no possiblity of "escape"? Could the child be a "litle devil" driving her crazy in the house? I guess I would include him in the reading as well. The picture was not chosen at random. Nothing really is.

The child is my child. The older woman is my sister who was here on vacation. The picture was chosen because there is an orb type figure above the childs head, and a mist/smoke figure to the left of the woman.

clarity

Azarial said:
The child is my child. The older woman is my sister who was here on vacation. The picture was chosen because there is an orb type figure above the childs head, and a mist/smoke figure to the left of the woman.

That was the first thing I noticed too. I was wondering why no one else saw it...

ana luisa

Oh, my! Thanks for clarifying that. In that case, I would be a bit concerned. But again, not about your sister. The presence may be a negative one but, being a mother of two (one already a medium), I can tell you, kids are a magnet to "presences". It's not that THEY (kids) are bad but their energy is so fresh and alive that spirits do tend to tag along in some cases. I would do a spread about that figure on the left, to get a better idea of who it is and what it wants. BTW, what a beautiful child !!! :)

clarity

hmmm, just looking at that pic again. I've had some strange things appear in pictures but there was really nothing to worry about. Could it be you're obsessing too much over the picture? Is that the case?

I wouldn't fret but I do agree that you do another spread on who that is with your sister.

leelee

If you look at your sisters mouth her mouth is upturned at the edges in a lazy smile. I don't see anything sad or worrying in this picture....more so the child and her have had a moment and it looks like the child is about to jump off her lap.....I do see the orb and smokyness but I dont feel any unease.

Thirteen

Azarial said:
My question was, "What do I need to know about my sister in regards to this picture?" I attached the picture that was in question.

I did about three readings on her, and in every reading, I always got The Devil. I actually asked about my sister, because I was a little concerned about the picture that I had taken.
Okay. Fair enough. You specified your sister, and you specified 'in regards to this picture." That means that nothing that does not relate to this picture is relevant. So she could be running the mafia or going binge drinking every Sunday and it might not matter because it doesn't relate to this picture.

Yes?

Evidently, you feel that there's something in your sister that caused the oddities in that picture. The Devil is a funny answer, as it's ambiguous. On the one hand, we could say that the cards agree with you because the Devil can stand for a magnetic, alluring, attractive, seductive person or quality in a person. But the Devil is also a trickster--and usually it is ourselves who are doing the tricking. The cards might well be telling you, "What you don't know is that you're tricking yourself, and tricking yourself in a Devilish way; you've focused on a flare of light and turned it into an obsession, one that's given you permission to have not-nice thoughts about your sister."

So before you go any further, you might want to ask...is the unexpected/unknown thing here an inner demon you've decided to believe? Perhaps the first thing you need to do is clear this up by asking the cards: "What did my sister attract in this picture?" And if the cards give you an answer that seems to say, "She didn't," or "Nothing," or "Sunlight" then the Devil might be the cards trying to give you a very different message.

Now if the answer the cards give you to that question convinces you that your sister, in regards to this picture and ONLY in regards to this picture, is a magnet, then the next step is to ask *why* she is a magnet. Remove the Devil and set it down beside the picture. Shuffle the deck and ask the deck, "What quality in my sister, especially in regards to this picture, does the Devil signify?"

Lay down as many cards as you feel you need to get the answer. If you get cups, it could signify that she's got certain psychic powers and/or a moody/depression quality that acts as a lure. If you get wands that she has a temperament or deep passions that are a lure; if you get Swords than anxieties might be the draw, and if you get Pents, then she's a natural anchor, the sort who can lay the restless to rest.

Demon Goddess

Thirteen said:
Okay. Fair enough. You specified your sister, and you specified 'in regards to this picture." That means that nothing that does not relate to this picture is relevant. So she could be running the mafia or going binge drinking every Sunday and it might not matter because it doesn't relate to this picture.

I have to ultimately agree with this assessment.

Given the fact that the question was actually about the fuzzy bits in the picture, the question would not relate to what is ACTUALLY going on in your sister's life.

I'm afraid that regardless of what is wrong with your sister, Az, the devil is specifically answering the question you asked and here's the interesting part... The rest of the spread, whether the devil is good or bad, may be entirely moot.

The "spirits" you see in the photo could just as likely be a trick of the sunlight as a smudge on your camera lens and thus the Devil answers your question quite readily and reflects in no way on your sister.

Personally.... I doubt that these little fuzzy figures have anything to do with your sister and would certainly suggest that your thinking anything negative or odd about your sister has more to do with your LACK of relationship with her than it has to do with the fuzzy figures in the picture. On that note, I believe that Thirteen and I wholeheartedly agree.

Good luck with it, love.

poivre

Somewhere on AT recently, I read a post about the devil.
The devil laughing as he/she is looking down at the two people
saying, o.k. if you have to keeping doing what you're doing until you learn
the lesson.

The Devil may be saying to you, "stop asking
about your sister, stop the cycle, it's not, need to know information,
at this time...or rephrase your question".

Just a post.
ros
:)