The Dreams Of Gaia Tarot

earthair

Earthair - Unfortunately, the deck has experienced a number of quality-based teething issues, the misprint and damage to the cards corners and surface by what I can only assume to be a guillotine misalignment/blunt blades. Many decks have been perfect, except for the misprint, while others have been flawed to different degrees. Thankfully more and more of the decks without issue are now starting to make their way out into the world.

If the curl to your card corners is a concern because it is unattractive, going to prevent you from being able to shuffle properly, and/or going to result in rapid deterioration of the corners, then PLEASE contact Blue Angel at info@blueangelonline.com ... Simply put, if the cards are damaged in ANY way, take a photo and send them an email. They will fix the issue by either sending you a replacement deck, or just the replacement card for the misprinted Faith card if that's all you require. Those of you who have purchased Blue Angel decks in the past will know how important quality is to them. It is just as important to me also. I want those that purchase the deck to have a deck they can use.

Celtictarot

I got my deck today, Love the energy of the deck, but HATING the card stock, I don't want to ruin the gorgeous art with side on shuffling.

Ayram

Got replacement deck

Hi all -

Just wanted to share that I got the replacement deck today from Blue Angel Publishing! See pics here to see what's changed!:
https://flickr.com/photos/49559819@N00/sets/72157675308705626

While I haven't shuffled yet, the corners seem unbent and the card with incorrect number has been replaced with correct one. :) I was shocked however to see that they have an all new design on the back! I for one LOVE the black however if it needs to be a design (e.g. I'm sure it's very hard to pump out perfectly flawless black cards 100% of the time so a design would hide small imperfections from super anal consumers lol), I can't imagine a lovelier one. There's a feeling of floating out in space, like... in a nebula! And going toward the light! The design also manages to feel somewhat reserved and classic with delicate patterns - just sorta timeless and befitting of the deck. I really like it, and all that purple - especially with the bit of turquoise in the middle (have always loved that color combo) and the gold.

Due to the gilded edges making some of the cards stick together as so many gilded decks do, this time I gently separated each card instead of shuffling them apart (might I have bent the corners somehow with the last deck?). I also want to point out that it's common for gilding to fade from lots of shuffling, which is the case with my black-backed deck, and ALSO to point out that the bent corners seem to be softening up a bit as the entire deck (black one) begins to get that beat up "patina" we don't all mind so much.

I really just want to keep playing with the black deck for a while longer now that the pressure's off! I am very grateful to Blue Angel for allowing me to keep the original deck.

sweetcherise13

I'm thoroughly engrossed in getting to know this deck and just now taking some time to scan over the thread posts.
Mine did have some slight edge bending, but nothing that bothered me, and the cards did stick together at first but gently bending the cards allowed them to separate without damaging the cards.

Ayram, the new backing, as you showed in your pics, is stunning! I have the black backing on mine and I also love it, but you are right when you state how beautiful the new backing is also! I can tell already that I may have to get a second deck. :D

Tibor

So is this a second edition then?

12doggiepaws

The back is lovely!!

Ayram

I'm thoroughly engrossed in getting to know this deck and just now taking some time to scan over the thread posts.
Mine did have some slight edge bending, but nothing that bothered me, and the cards did stick together at first but gently bending the cards allowed them to separate without damaging the cards.

Ayram, the new backing, as you showed in your pics, is stunning! I have the black backing on mine and I also love it, but you are right when you state how beautiful the new backing is also! I can tell already that I may have to get a second deck. :D

I agree - stunning! :)

Ayram

So is this a second edition then?

I was wondering the same - have no idea! I feel like grabbing yet another black deck if that was it for the black backing - only because it feels like it'll be rare now haha!

I used the word 'edition' but really I don't know if it's that literal (?).

Linfang

I got my deck after six months of waiting. I was so happy to finally hold it in my hands and so disappointed when I opened it.

It's the black back edition with the wrong numbering. Unfortunately almost every card has heavy abrasions, either on the back, front or some on both. The edges are bent on many cards. Such a pity!

I wrote a mail to the Publisher, I just hope they can fix it. This is the first time I had complains with Blue Angel's deck, usually the quality is quite solid.

Ayram

I got my deck after six months of waiting. I was so happy to finally hold it in my hands and so disappointed when I opened it.

It's the black back edition with the wrong numbering. Unfortunately almost every card has heavy abrasions, either on the back, front or some on both. The edges are bent on many cards. Such a pity!

I wrote a mail to the Publisher, I just hope they can fix it. This is the first time I had complains with Blue Angel's deck, usually the quality is quite solid.

Yes they'll be able to which some of the earlier posts are about. If you go up a few posts you'll see a link to pictures of my original deck along with pictures of the replacement deck along with its new backs (no longer black). I think both are equally gorgeous and I've become very fond of the original "flawed" deck as well - which kindly, they didn't ask me to send back (had to send them detailed pics though). Once I knew the new deck was comimg I relaxed and just started using the old deck more, shuffling like crazy and not caring about the imperfections. It seems like the corners are flattening out a bit. The gold edges are fading - especially at the corners - from all the shuffling. But I have a few gilded decks now and all fade from shuffling. Choices are to ignore that and enjoy the funky look, or I know some have taken a gold metalic pen to theirs (not sure I'd do this unless pretty much all gilding had come off as it might not match? Or you could just have a funny combo of mixed gold shades which could be interesting!).

I really, really like this deck the more I use it. The creator is clearly a thoughtful, sensitive, experienced and self-reflective person who spent much time on the writing piece alone. She not only is a good writer but her content is more relevant/relatable - the cards and descriptions are to me more practical and with a more modern aspect to them (more defined, less vague...less of straying or pushing limits of some old standard to make it fit today's people, and more of creating her own standard while keeping to a basic deck format of majors and minors with suits, essentially).

So long-winded point is that surprisingly, for me, any flaws with the deck become unnoticable compared to the beauty within the deck - not to mention the beautiful artwork! Maybe I've been more sensitive than usual lately - I think that's probably fair to say - but yesterday I got teary when reading her book and the description of one of her cards. ❤️