The effect of thoth.. Bring or take our energy!?

terow

What's the effect of thoth when you reading with this card??

Some people said that it takes a lot of their energy, and sometimes make them had stomachache..

But personally, I feel like I got more and more energy and vitality when I reading querent's problem with my thoth..
My friend said that Thoth is 'vampire tarot': stealing energy from the querent's or the other people and bring it to us, or the card instead..
Is that true?

so, how 'bout you??

Grigori

I think the idea that any tarot steals your energy is a bit daft. I don't ever find reading tarot draining at all, though have been tired after long days of reading for others at events. I don't think that's from the reading though, so much as the 8 hours of talking and interacting with others and its not really different to the feeling after a day of teaching or working.

Just doing a reading or two, usually is energizing for me as it often means I've just made a decision and am about to start doing something about it, so I get a bit excited :)

sapienza

I agree with Grigori. A deck of cards can't 'steal your energy'. People can drain energy, but cardboard can't.

I think some people are scared of the Thoth because they have misconceptions about it. Sometimes people who can't understand something (or dislike something) try to make sure others feel the same way. Talk of 'energy stealing' and 'vampire tarot' is a way of doing this.

If you feel good using the Thoth then that is really all that matters. :)

tarotreader2007

I don't think a deck will drain you or a type (ie thoth, rws, etc.) in general. It really is about your connection with the cards. If you believe it will drain you, it probably will. I think it has all to do with your reading style however...

Some, if not most, readers, shuffle a few times and take the cards on top for their reading and and say what the cards are speaking to them. I find this method not very draining whatsoever...

I, on the other hand, concentrate and focus my intuition on the cards and pull from the deck spread out in front of me, the cards that I feel are appropriate for the reading and then flip them over. Whilst in my "intuitive zone" it is EXTREMELY draining for me. I don't think it has anything to do with experience since I am quite experienced myself and it doesn't make that plausible. Doing an hour or two hour reading for someone makes me very hungry and just wanna veg (kind of like getting stoned lol) which is why I don't do serious in depth readings very often.

On the other hand, putting forth the effort that I do yields fantastic results whereas the other way of reading, I find it too nonchalant and disengaged. I do have to admit that sometimes I do feel in the zone and I don't have to concentrate for my intuition to be in the zone...those times I do not get drained but rather hyped up. It's quite a confusing mess.

Anyways, my point is that I don't believe a specific deck of cards will sap your energy, it is all based on your technique.

Peace and Love

terow

Thanks for the replies :)

I question is, why my energy and vitality increase when I reading the querent with my thoth??
Is that some kind of excitement, or else?

sapienza

Maybe it's simply because you like the deck and the symbols make sense to you and so the reading flows. I know when I read for someone and it flows well I feel increased energy. I guess it's exciting when you are able to make connections and help the querant make connections too.

tarotreader2007

I think the reason Thoth works so well for YOU is that it is more conducive to your psychology. Basically, it branches the gap from your conscious and your subconscious better than other decks :)

Peace and Love

ravenest

terow said:
Thanks for the replies :)

I question is, why my energy and vitality increase when I reading the querent with my thoth??
Is that some kind of excitement, or else?

Hi terow - welcome to Thoth forum. I think your energy and vitality increase when you do Thoth because you LIKE it and it is enjoyable for you.

Like massage - some do many massages and become tired. Others seem to do many massages and enjoy, and gain strength and vitality. They are the good masseurs ... the healers ... and perhaps, it is part of their True Will to be a masseur.

Perhaps it is part of your True Will to read and understand Thoth? I think one's energy and vitality SHOULD increase if you are doing things in line with your True Will.

terow

Yeah, thanks for the explanations ^^

I'm actually have a deep connection with mw thoth.. My friend who has clairvoyance ability can see my aura and my thoth's are fuse.. she said I have green dominant aura and my thoth is black..

And the bad news is, she said there's some kind of devil inside my cards.. Is this because occult symbols from Crowley?? or else?

I'm sorry if my english isn't so fluent ^^

Always Wondering

terow said:
Yeah, thanks for the explanations ^^

I'm actually have a deep connection with mw thoth.. My friend who has clairvoyance ability can see my aura and my thoth's are fuse.. she said I have green dominant aura and my thoth is black..

And the bad news is, she said there's some kind of devil inside my cards.. Is this because occult symbols from Crowley?? or else?

I'm sorry if my english isn't so fluent ^^

Well, there is a Devil Trump Card in most decks, and Crowley did like to call himeself a devil, but not in the traditional sense.
I think Aeon418 explains is well in this thread. http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=40467

Aeon418 said:
It's worth pointing out that the hebrew letter attributed to this card is, Ayin. Which means, an Eye. In one sense this is how you see things. (I'm not trying to be funny here.)
For example: if you see your natural desires and impulses as dirty and shameful they will become a prison for you and lead you right back to the traditional meanings of this card and the traditional Devil. If, on the other hand, you see that there's nothing wrong with having desires and natural impulses it becomes a source of liberation. In this case the Devil is transformed into the god PAN.

One small point that may be useful: the hebrew for "goat" and "strength" are both the same. Crowley was well aware of this.

Perhaps your friend has preconceived concerns that influence her clairvoyance. I encourage you to trust your own sense and connection with the deck.

AW