The falcon in the Nine of Pentacles

Phoenyx*

Maybe she wants something that she earns, and is not given. People do not always appreicate things when they are handed them on a silver platter, instead, hard work makes us appreciate them more.

poivre

Mabee the falcon (representing her thoughts) is keeping her arm covered & busy so all her comforts of money won't go to her head. The falcon is giving her something else to think about.

Also her arm is up near her head so mabee it's protecting & balancing her thoughts of being greedy.

Both her hat & the hood is red! Lot's of energy or love or hate going on in their minds.

Action in the mind, of the comforts of $$$$

poivre

p.s.
Did you notice the castle in the background?
Look at the top, red again.

tmgrl2

ros said:
Mabee the falcon (representing her thoughts) is keeping her arm covered & busy so all her comforts of money won't go to her head. The falcon is giving her something else to think about.

Also her arm is up near her head so mabee it's protecting & balancing her thoughts of being greedy.

Both her hat & the hood is red! Lot's of energy or love or hate going on in their minds.

Action in the mind, of the comforts of $$$$

Hi ros....On my way to a new shop that carrier items related to the psychic...I kept thinking about these last two posts of yours. I like the red ideas...I did see the red on the hood and on her head and didn't notice it on the castle...it is also on her color and the flowers on the dress are red too. I, also, think of passion/energy with red...fire...there is a lot of yellow on the card and of course green...in the garden...As a whole...somehow, the yellow represents intellectul, learning...the red passion/intensity, heightened emotional energy,,,green: growth, healing, money$$$
I just noticed the red on the bushes ...red grapes?

See what you started...this was floating around in my mind and until you brought it up, I never noticed all the red througout the card...now, I somehow, see the three colors as creating balance
intellectual/spiritual...energy/passion/creativity...$$$ healing, growth...she seems almost like a member of a king's court at her leisure in the garden...with the falcon ...a hobby? it was a hobby of the royalty...and maybe showing that as a female figure she embodies both male/female characteristics...(as I guess each card can, when looked at as a whole....)

terri

Umbrae

just a thought here...

Perhaps it's not the Falcon, or the garden or even the woman that should be addressed.

Instead, how about examining the relationship between the woman and the falcon…

tmgrl2

Thanks, Umbrae...I knew if you were out there, we could get another direction...thank you.....will think about it...
The falcon, a bird of prey, is "dependent" on this woman...she has trained the falcon, owns it/s(he)...and releases it to hunt for its food...but she is the one in control....of the bird of prey...
Is the hood so that the falcon does not become frightened? Can't remember....if I look at 9Pents RW as about the relationship between falcon and woman...then the other meanings fall aside...Hmmm......or would her role as one who has ..e.g. money, status, intellect, leisure still come into play here...now it gives me a somewhat darker feeling that I hadn't seen in this card before...perhaps about people of "wealth" or "status" being better than or "in control" of creatures (animal or human animal) that are not "equal" to them....I never liked the idea of birds of prey in captivity anyhow. It always bothered me...any additional thoughts? This thread certainly has opened up so much more to look at in the 9P....
terri

poivre

o.k.
She is not close to home. She has to enjoy her life independently. Does this have something to do with the independece that comes with a certain part of life.

The "empy nest" syndrome!!!!!

Enjoying the new life of self after you are on your own. After a split up or children moving out of the house.

What will I do with all this free time.

Being happy with the riches of one's life & not having to be so responsible for anyone.

The falcon is showing her self-sufficiency.

How's this?

tmgrl2

ros said:
o.k.
She is not close to home. She has to enjoy her life independently. Does this have something to do with the independece that comes with a certain part of life.

The "empy nest" syndrome!!!!!

Enjoying the new life of self after you are on your own. After a split up or children moving out of the house.

What will I do with all this free time.

Being happy with the riches of one's life & not having to be so responsible for anyone.

The falcon is showing her self-sufficiency.

How's this?

I do like this, too! Umbrae really opened doors with his comment about the card being about the relationship of the falcon and the woman...I see where you might get "empty nest" ....all of what you say fits...but somehow, that falcon has now taken on a darker side of the card for me....however, depending upon the question and the querent and whether RXd or not...all of this could apply...

poivre

I found this-

Falcon
"As a bird of prey it typifies freedom and hope for those who are being restricted in any way."

Is the lady in the picture picturing how she is being restricted by money?

Maybe she understands how the glory of money does not mean happiness. She is alone with her riches. She thought she would be happy with wealth & has learned that money does not buy happiness but buys you what can make you happy,only for a short time & then the loneliness sets back in.

O.K. tell me to stop. lol

tmgrl2

ros said:
I found this-

Falcon
"As a bird of prey it typifies freedom and hope for those who are being restricted in any way."

Is the lady in the picture picturing how she is being restricted by money?

Mabee she understands how the glory of money does not mean happiness. She is alone with her riches. She thought she would be happy with wealth & has learned that money does not buy happiness but buys you what can make you happy,only for a short time & then the loneliness sets back in.

O.K. tell me to stop. lol

I absolutely love that definition about the falcon typifying freedom and hope for those who are restricted....gives me a positive interpretation as well....also about eh money, it's interesting that all the pentacles are near the bottom of the picture as though they are not "uppermost" of importance in her life...

This has been a great discussion for me...good to come back to when I pull the 9Pent again! terri
Thanks, ros! No I'm NOT LOL...I love it!