The fool and his flower?!

light2000

the flower

i think that flower means inocense, too. but because is white, means soul, espiritual consience and pureness.

wandking

With Waite symbolism, I've found it's best not to rely on what we think or feel. Instead, let's look to the Bible or Levi. Crowley also furnishes insight on the true meanings Waite intended. I'll dig though these sources because the symbol is very prominant in the image.

wandking

this looks pretty good for a start: from KJV

And after six days Jesus taketh Peter, James, and John his brother, and bringeth them up into an high mountain apart, 2 And was transfigured before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was white as the light. 3 And, behold, there appeared unto them Moses and Elias talking with him. 4 Then answered Peter, and said unto Jesus, Lord, it is good for us to be here: if thou wilt, let us make here three tabernacles; one for thee, and one for Moses, and one for Elias. 5 While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him.

Emeraldgirl

I think he picked it on a whim cause it was pretty and gave him joy to look at ans smell and that's the whole idea. he didn't hurt anyone (aside from the rose that will die eventually - maybe on the death card?) but he found something to give him sweet, innocent joy and happieness.

ArcanoMáximo

"He holds the rose though, as if to miss the thorns on the stem..." Eleven.

I guess this is a thing to very note. It is not a common flower. While she is beatifull, she can hurt the same. Isn't like the road the Fool is starting?
AM*

Draegyn

Rogan said:
Um... I get the dog, I get the cliff...

BUT THE FLOWER?!

What do you guys think?

Whats wrong with the flower?
I think the Fool being male is subtle chauvinism. When I design a deck, perhaps this time around the Wheel or more likely the next, I will make him/her androgynous.

The Fool vibration 0 is neither Male nor Female but primal enegy of which both the Masculine (Magician) and Feminine (High Priestess) is expressed within the first 2 cards of the Fools journey.

The 0 is also an enhancer which can infuse the character of another numeral without changing its value or a magnifyer which dramatically increases another numerals value when concatenated to the digits.

The Fool is the Joker in the Deck who can influence the outcome of any situation.

blackroseivy

I do know that the Rose is a symbol of the soul, as is the Butterfly.

ArcanoMáximo

Yes, i agree with you Danubhe, for me the soul properly is shown in The Fool him self, and if you see his open arms as wings he can be compare with a Butterfly ready to start her fly. I 've never realized that. I ever see him as a type of bird, but i guess Pixie wanna give the idea of the butterfly more proper, if not, why he carrie a flower. And then i began to think in the butterflies' life, those that have a very short life, but very intensive too. Thanks, thanks Danubhe to bring me to this oportunity to arrive to a new approach to Tge Fool's meaning, totaly amazing.
Fool, have all my respects, you are su delicate as a rose, so light as a butterfly, like a crystal cup, your fragility makes your life so valuable.
Now, i'll run to listen "Fragile Lyrics" by Sting and Julio Iglesias...({

ArcanoMáximo

For The Fool and his White Rose

Fragile Lyrics( Sting)

If blood will flow when flesh and steel are one
Drying in the colour of the evening sun
Tomorrow's rain will wash the stains away
But something in our minds will always stay
Perhaps this final act was meant
To clinch a lifetime's argument
That nothing comes from violence and nothing ever could
For all those born beneath an angry star
Lest we forget how fragile we are

On and on the rain will fall
Like tears from a star like tears from a star
On and on the rain will say
How fragile we are how fragile we are

On and on the rain will fall
Like tears from a star like tears from a star
On and on the rain will say

ArcanoMáximo

go also for all the victims of the attack in London and for all the ones that cause so much pain in every part of the world, whatever their goals...

Why so many lack of love, why?!
When they will understand?

The white rose of The Fool for all this victims...I'm so, so sorry...