The Hierophant and Two Of Cups

Ronia

These two cards came up to clarify the Nine Of Swords referring to a person, who he is. I read the Nine as the person is troubled. The clarifying cards (which were almost stuck to each other!) puzzeld me a bit. Here is what I think:
On one hand, the Hierophant may be someone who is in search of greater meaning of his emotional relations (Two Of Cups).

But then I had this thought about the Hierophant signifying the ceremony of marriage and with the couple on the Two Of Cups under this arch, I wonder could it be that the man in question is married and/or troubled in/about his marriage? What do you think?

starrystarrynight

I don't think I understand why you drew clarifying cards for a card that you say you "took to mean" whatever. Often so-called "clarifiers" end up muddying the waters more than clearing them, IMO.

However, since you asked about the Hierophant and the Two of Cups, here is a thought or two...Both cards signify friendship--the Hierophant is often a platonic, conventional friendship and the Two of Cups is the emotional coming together of two people. So, it could be that the person is simply a friend...perhaps one who is ill or depressed (Nine of Swords) and needs a friend above anything else.

Ronia

@starrystarrynight. Well, of course, I drew cards because the querent wanted to know WHO her next man will be and answers like "He will be troubled" don't really sound well, even to me. Thanks for the interpretation, I think it's more about a bond of a kind, the Hierophant representing the book, the rule.

re-pete-a

He'll be a rebound lover.

Ronia

@re-pete-a, I'm afraid I don't understand this. Rebound lover? Could you tell me what you meant? Thank you in advance.

Fostha

I dont see him as being a lover at all,the attraction (2 cups) will probably be his wisdom and knowledge,nothing physical at all. Hierophant for me,is one who knows how to get the right lesson across without being too bossy/assertive,and if hes shown as a 9 swords type,hes obviously anxious/worrying about something.Theres nothing more helpful than meeting someone who's struggled somewhere in their life with similar problems to what you may be experiencing,thats a real teacher type with first-hand experience,and for me thats the only attraction here,nothing else.

Shebelle

9 of Swords might not be a direct answer to your question about your friend. It could indicate that she'll be spending time alone, thinking things over or being frustrated. I think THAT"s your answer.

I would say that Hierophant + 2C means marriage. Maybe your friend is worried that he/she won't marry. Tell her to chill out and just enjoy herself -- the cards are never terminal.

Fostha

Shebelle said:
9 of Swords might not be a direct answer to your question about your friend. It could indicate that she'll be spending time alone, thinking things over or being frustrated. I think THAT"s your answer.

I would say that Hierophant + 2C means marriage. Maybe your friend is worried that he/she won't marry. Tell her to chill out and just enjoy herself -- the cards are never terminal.
I agree with this too,in a roundabout way,thats what i mean about the "attraction",either the querent or this guy in question is worrying over something,and the hierophant is the wise one who helps to put it all into perspective for the other one,possibly a counsellor of some sort,the question was "who" her next man will be,doesnt mention anything about next lover does it,and cards may not be terminal.... but sometimes marriage is. })

Ronia

Thanks, guys :) Fostha, I get your meaning, you may be on the right way, we'll see if it works out when they meet.

Shebelle, in this spread at this position I don't think the 9 Of Swords indicates lack of a future love. There were many other positions in the spread where this could have been indicated and not the Who he is. But I see your point and thank you.

re-pete-a

Ronia said:
@re-pete-a, I'm afraid I don't understand this. Rebound lover? Could you tell me what you meant? Thank you in advance.

He's a partner that will be recently out of another relationship.

In other words, he was married , separated, then into another relationship.

It's called a Rebound, as in a bouncing ball . Usually attached to , too soon after a previous relationship. Also associated with unsuccessful . As well as not allowing enough time for the previous breakup to elapse.

In some cases ,viewed suspicously, as the reason for the breakup.