the Ludy Lescott Tarot - one to look out for

Eyebright

I really have got to get this deck as soon as! It sounds utterly fascinating

Essjay

Anyone any good at Latin? These are the three phrases that run around the border of the card backs.

sunt ista

omne quod ortum est mortalitas consequitur

tacitum vivit sub pectore vulnus

Elendil

tacitum vivit sub pectore vulnus

A wound unuttered lives deep within the breast.

It is better to not suffer personal attacks in silence.

Essjay

Wow, thank you. I really wished I'd paid more attention in my Latin lessons :)

OctoberGwen

Have you seen that grave stone though with Ludy's name on it? Eta: The gravestone card is the nine of wands.

The former self, the former Ludy. Dashing out to work right now. But those stabbed babies? Are they abortions?

This is getting really interesting. Whether I get the deck or not (and I think not), the discussion is intriguing. I hope there's a study group eventually.

Elendil

And I *think* 'sunt ista' translates as 'things are thus' ie. 'this is how things are'/'this is the way of things'

Essjay

Thank you so much :D

I tried using an online translator but it's almost impossible for Latin and I've forgotten the little that I knew. That's what I love about this forum - there's always someone who can help.

OctoberGwen - you're right, this is a fascinating deck. I'm finding that I can't put it away. Maybe it's just that it's clicked with me but there's so much detail in the cards and so little in the LWB that I'm finding it intriguing :)

Aerin

Thank you for the Latin translations. I've been meaning to put that into google for ages and haven't got around to it.

Maybe someone in LS will bring out a bodice ripping novel sort of a thing to go with the deck.

Essjay

I so wish there was a book for this. However, if there was one it would have come out in a kit I suppose.