The Magic Light Rider Tarot???

Tarot dance

The Migic Light Rider Tarot???

I just came across this by chance on eBay....it is labeled as the

Migic Light Wait Tarot

I looks like a Rider-Wait clone....

Anyone ever heard of such a deck

I comes from China

please take a look and let me know what you think...

Migic Light Waite Tarot

DDwarks

Never heard of it. I googled it and can't find it either.

I think the "migic" is meant to say "magic" as there are other spelling mistakes (Jue/ jeu).
Also, right at the bottom of the page where several languages are used to say the same thing - French is used twice but in a different way!
It doesn't look very professional to me.........

It's a clone for sure but a "light up" clone.
I only knew of a glow in the dark deck, not a light up one!
It's cheap too...can't imagine it being of good quality?

starlightexp

I'm kind of diggn' the holographic tone of the paper

DDwarks

Actually I've checked what else they have on offer and most of the stuff is advertised as "local Chinese playing cards".

Sounds like piracy to me. Their stuff comes from China and shipped from China but their registered business address is in France.

That said........I like the idea of a light up one lol...kind of trippy!

Achlys

it doesn't look very professional to me. I have to question the quality especially if it's coming directly from China.
I also don't know if this is a pirated deck or not.
It seems cheap so if you're willing to gamble, I would say get it.
Otherwise try contacting the seller for more information. Plus that way if they tell you one thing and send another you can open a claim and get your money back.

Tarot dance

Well I was too late...I went to buy it this morning & it was already purchased...I did not realize there was only one for sale or I would have gotten it yesterday....I did email the seller to ask if they have another copy....

...But I did look at the other items this seller had for sale....and the are all tarot decks....but a lot of mistakes and mislabeling can be found...such as the Mystic Fairie Tarot is listed but the cards shown are Rider-Waite....

...feel kind of guilty wanting to buy this deck...I sure they are all boot-legged...

...But I would love to add the deck to my R/W/S deck collection......

Laura Borealis

I'm sorry you missed out on it, TD. Though I thought the printing looked pretty grainy, so it might have been disappointing.

I can't feel very upset about RWS piracy given the age of that artwork and the way US Games has been about their copyright. I mean, I know it's bad to pirate and all that, but it bugs me a whole lot more when they pirate the work of living artists like Stephanie Pui-Mun Law.

That seller also has a "Shadowscapes Tarot" with titles in Chinese and English, that says Shadowscapes on the box and has Stephanie Pui-Mun Law's name on it. They have also a "HUAYING TAROT" which is obviously Shadowscapes, but has titles only in Chinese, and leaves the title and Stephanie's name off the box.

Little print smears and blots on the cards, too. And edges look a little frayed on some cards. Not a very professional job but what can you expect for that price?

ETA Check out their "LOVING TAROT" - isn't that the Robin Wood back? The green and white Celtic Knot? I'm cracking up :laugh:

Tarot dance

...Ok, they must have found another Migic Light Rider Tarot cause I just saw it posted and ordered it...

...Says the deck will be delivered by Nov 03 - Thu, Nov 17....

...Well, hope it's not a slow boat from china....

...I ordered my Röhrig Tarot from China...took a while to get here...but I got it..

....so when it comes i'll post pics and stuff.....

Laura Borealis

...Ok, they must have found another Migic Light Rider Tarot cause I just saw it posted and ordered it...

...Says the deck will be delivered by Nov 03 - Thu, Nov 17....

...Well, hope it's not a slow boat from china....

...I ordered my Röhrig Tarot from China...took a while to get here...but I got it..

....so when it comes i'll post pics and stuff.....

Cool, I'm glad you got one! :)