The Magician as a fear?

Mellifluous

Fear of being manipulated, lied to and conned.

nisaba

Isisrana said:
the only thing I came up with is maybe someone who fears being mislead or fooled by illusions?
Or someone who doesnt want to know themselves? Or doesnt want to be introspective.

Im not sure.
Maybe someone who fears being inadequate? Someone who fears knowledge?
To me, the Magician often comes up to tell me that I (or the querent) has the tools they need, the ability, to change the situation for the better.

So as a fear, it might indicate an underlying, unacknowledged fear of success, if they have a history of minor failures or a comfort-zone of only-just-getting-by.

HelloB

the magician and the fear

I've seen the magician as fear of becoming insane, hallucinations, uneasiness but the card must be in a negativ kontext or reversed ^^ in some cases can indicate schizophrenia or hearing voices and so on ..

Thirteen

Note to Posters, this is an old thread, revived

I've seen the magician as fear of becoming insane, hallucinations, uneasiness but the card must be in a negativ kontext or reversed ^^ in some cases can indicate schizophrenia or hearing voices and so on ..
Thank you for reviving this old thread.

I, myself, have never seen such with the Magician card, but have seen such fears in the Moon card, which is the typical card to indicate insanity, hallucinations, etc. I could, however, easily see hearing voices as relating to the Magician as he is a card about communications and talking.

Magician as a fear might be fear of talking, or fear of voices, or fear of talking too much or just making a speech and not getting it right.

HelloB

Hello Thirteen ^o^

In the Moon Card I see a fear or stress due to obsessions, things that didn't really exist and fear of unknown.

for example the moon + the death: fear of a changement

the moon is the fear of regrets too D:

allucinations are in the moon card but I think only for a short time, because the person is surraunded by thoughts from the past and hasn't the right instruments to fight them; the magician has these instruments but doesn't use them D:
this is my personal opinion ^^