The "Man" card

vasm

What could the man card (28) can mean, if not an actual man?
Any ideas?

danieljuk

For me the man and the woman cards always represent people. It depends if you have decided to choose it to represent you in the spread if you are male. If you have the cards around it are linked to you. If you are female it can represent a lover, partner or husband. I also sometimes use the man card as a lover in same sex relationships but just generally for me they represent the querent or their partner / lover (or a love interest).

for me they are always actual people, perhaps in the reading it's a message about a general man? if you don't recognise how this fits in your life.

vasm

could it be a woman who has a personality like a men's?

mysticsphere

could it be a woman who has a personality like a men's?

possibly, i think. I saw a video where Malkiel Dietrich used the Woman card to represent himself (or a client, can't remember), as it was for a gay man. Man and Woman are both neutral cards from what I understand.

You could also look at the playing card inserts as well (ace of hearts, ace of spades) in order to get more clues.

Padma

I have had it come up to represent a male dog, as well. :)

danielnogo

Traditionally, it ALWAYS means the querent or a significant man if the querent is a women. Is there a particular position it came up that you are confused about?

Village Witch

Could not the man and woman cards indicate what we term as our masculine and feminine sides... such as indicating a need to tap into a person's male or female energies?

Yin and Yang?

vasm

possibly, i think. I saw a video where Malkiel Dietrich used the Woman card to represent himself (or a client, can't remember), as it was for a gay man. Man and Woman are both neutral cards from what I understand.

You could also look at the playing card inserts as well (ace of hearts, ace of spades) in order to get more clues.

I was sort of thinking about something like that. It was a reading about a lesbian relationship, after all.

I did try that, but my interpretation was too tarot-y.

I have had it come up to represent a male dog, as well. :)

That doesn't fit the situation, but it's still a nice interpretation. Id like to hear more details, if possible.

Traditionally, it ALWAYS means the querent or a significant man if the querent is a women. Is there a particular position it came up that you are confused about?

As I said before, it was a reading about a lesbian relationship. If you use the queens to represent a possible/actual lover, then what would be the Man's meaning? What kind of significant men? A father maybe?

Could not the man and woman cards indicate what we term as our masculine and feminine sides... such as indicating a need to tap into a person's male or female energies?

Yin and Yang?

It's possible... But I'd probably find this meaning in a card when reading tarot, not lenormand.

Well, thanks for everyone's time :)

UrbanBramble

If it came up in an actual reading, it would be helpful to know the other cards in a reading so we can determine the significance. The Man/Woman cards always represent people, one represents the querent and the other represents someone else in their life... but the other cards give you more information. For example, it could be a boss, a coworker, a family member, a friend, a lover, a neighbor... it all depends on the surrounding cards.

In a gay/lesbian relationship I tend to use other "people" cards to represent the partner if my deck does not include 2 cards of each gender... so if someone is in a lesbian relationship I would look to the Snake or the Bear (there are others too, those are just the ones that came to mind) and "assign" one to represent their partner. Not everyone does that tough.

Padma

That doesn't fit the situation, but it's still a nice interpretation. Id like to hear more details, if possible

It came up a few times when I was asking the cards about my new puppy I am picking up this month (who is a male). The interpretation/cards had me totally stymied until I realised it was talking about the actual pup - and then it made complete sense :)