The Mona Lisa Tarot: Puzzle Groupings

Dancing Bear

OK < Yesterday I printed off everyones take on their groupings.

I think i have something to add to the Dandy story..and the Begger Boy.

Goin by the theory that Leonardo was gay and that the Dandy is actually leonardo's Lover painted as the Mona Lisa.

Stars : the Dandy has received true enlightenment and has realised being true to self is most important.

8 of Pentacles: His actions of allowing himself to become who he truly is, are now starting to shape his dreams, Leonardo has painted his young Lover how he sees him . "The Mona Lisa"

Death card : the young Dandy is now contented enough to discard his old ways and take on a new role, a role that he truly is himself..a new change.
As you see in the image Mona Lisa's dress is ready on the bed and the wig is next to it.. He is now ready for his transformation.

The Begger Boy

6 Pentacles: The kindly old woman has given the begger boy some money for food..she doesnt seem to have given him enough.(was this on purpose?)

lll Empress: The disgruntled stall owner is annoyed the boy has taken more than he could afford, the Empress has given the greedy heavy hearted Stall owner all the money he needs, .
I think this was a test to see if The Empress was worthy enough to receive the child that is left on her doorstep in the 3 of cups. a test to see if her heart lay in the right spot.

9 chalices; This Boy has nothing to his name but the thread bare clothes he has on his back and yet he find something to be grateful for , not only the kindness of two strangers, but for the food that has now filled his aching belly. He is contented.

lV emporer: The stall holder even with his large pouch of moneys is stilll miserable. battling his demons of past that he has allowed to make who he is today. maybe after the act of kindness and generosity in the markets early that day. He is running it through his mind and realising what a heel he has been,and all the nasty deeds and ways.. and from here on in he changes his way becoming more generous and lighter hearted... Only he has the control , and with will he can create whatever reality he chooses.

These are the only two little stories i have looked into to so far..

I am also seeing the young woman who is wronged by the pope..as the little orphan girl all grown up, that was left on the wealthy womans step ..
I followed the red hair LOL!

Onyx

Dancing Bear said:
OK < Yesterday I printed off everyones take on their groupings.

I think i have something to add to the Dandy story..and the Begger Boy.

These are the only two little stories i have looked into to so far..

I am also seeing the young woman who is wronged by the pope..as the little orphan girl all grown up, that was left on the wealthy womans step ..
I followed the red hair LOL!

Just when I was reading to kick this deck to proverbial curb, you have me digging it out of storage and flipping through the pictures and looking for my Mona Lisa Tarot journal again.

I htink you are doing exactly what the deck was intended to do. To contrust stories from the images. I have been looking through the deck and remember what I thought all the characters were and how they interacted.

There is no way that any 160 page guide book would be able to display all the many differnet stories we will be able to put together ourselves.

Onyx.

Dancing Bear

LOL! I find this deck intriguing and its the only one i have the urge to study.

I bought a journal today and i will in every spare moment take it out..
I really do love this Puzzle concept..
I do think the pope issue is the largest story of all more so than Mona Lisa her/him self LOL!

I am goign to spend mroe time tomorrow to find more symbolism... I wouldnt mind following the roses.

and those poor women who are beaten and turfed out by their husbands/ partners.. how aweful.

Dancing Bear

Well I have found one fo the biggest stories LOL!!
It starts with the Magician linking to the old woman, who in turn have a daughter the red haired girl.. who hands over her baby to her parents while her life of bitter sweet revenge continues.. in the mean time Old lady who is also a fortune teller remembers the Lovely Mona Lisa.. she remembers her palm in which i had a lovely story , she tests Mona Lisa to see if she is worthy of her granddaughter.
Mona Lisa Passes with flying colours.. this all ends with the Lovers :D
When i have some time I will write it all down..

I am also following the leads of the roses.., food, drink, money and fire to see if there are any stories behind them ;)

Having fun with this deck !

I cant wait to start reading with it properly..

But in the meantime i am content playing.