The Moon and Tarot Readings

greatdane

Since I'm interested in the moon and how it affects us as well as obviously tarot, I would really like to hear from TarotFolk here about HOW or IF the moon affects their readings.

Anyone do certain types of readings during a full or new moon?

I'm not suggesting that we don't all read any time, but just wondering if there are certain types of readings you may wish to do during a certain phase of the moon.

THANKS!

GD The Curious Crone

Melia

This is not something I pay much attention to myself GD. Maybe I should. Your post reminded me of the fact that I once had an important astrological reading done when we had just experienced a moon eclipse a few hours earlier. This was something I was not aware of at the time. The eclipse itself was conjunct my MC. Considering the unusual nature of my enquiry, it had both me and my astrologer gobsmacked.

Anyone who has an important tarot reading session might also have some interesting astrological configurations going on at the time. You would have to look to know.

Also, number wise, I suspect there may be ‘better days’ to do a tarot reading than others, depending on one’s birth date. But again, it's not something I think about.

greatdane

Thanks Melia

Until recently, I hadn't really thought of either. I mean I read when I want or need the info the cards give me. But then during the last full moon, I did a reading. Not as part of the other rituals I did, but just seemed like a good idea at the time. Did I get a different or more insightful reading than I would have during another moon phase? I have no idea....

pink daliha

New moon readings

I don't know if this helps, but I have read in a book that the new moon phase is a "better time" to do divinatory readings as is a Black Moon ( just like a blue moon; the second complete moon cycle in the same month, only with a new/dark moon phase instead of a full moon).

Source: Dorothy Morrison's Everyday Moon Magic.

Hope its O.K. to post source materials. I'm still learning the ropes.

Gia

I am VERY affected by a Full Moon and this last one was no different. I not only find that my accuracy in my Readings is spot on, but I also receive consistent spirit messages, both from my guides as well as from those who've crossed over and wish to contact one of my sitters. I always do a reading for myself during a full moon because the accuracy is amazing and the messages particularly deep and detailed.