Lillie said:
You like then????
:D
I like. You have my official seal of approval. :TDEAT
Lillie said:
He has an unearthly glow....
Yus })

Lillie said:
I have a bit of tidying up to do on some of the cards, then they need borders and titles, then that's that.

I'll have to sort out what to do about good quality scans.
Because they are going to be fairly big, I think.
WELL - I could send you a CD..... :D

annabubble

Yay!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D The Other Frog Tarot is complete (more or less)!

Now to sort out how to print them...

Kenny

annabubble said:
Yay!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D The Other Frog Tarot is complete (more or less)!

Now to sort out how to print them...
I was thinking to keep with its cheep/cheerful ideology why not use home-printed (but good quality) business cards!

annabubble

Kenny said:
I was thinking to keep with its cheep/cheerful ideology why not use home-printed (but good quality) business cards!

I'm on it :)

gregory

I'm using plain white card and laminating. Anything I do comes out cheap and cheerful anyway :|

Lillie

I have been messing with borders all night.

What do people think of this?

Kenny

Lillie said:
I have been messing with borders all night.

What do people think of this?
You did ask... :D

A solid green border round the picture I doubt will work, but the border shading you have is too large in scale. IMHO I would think of the border like the text, that subtle effect, and apply it all over the large border and see how that works.

The result, I guess, would be the outside of the top left would be highlighted while the inside of the top left would be shadowed (followed by the black then the picture).

Kenny :)

Lillie

Oh yeah.

I have been arsing around with 3D borders all night.

I just couldn't be bothered doing it for that one and skiffed a bit of light and dark over the top and bottom corners instead to give the idea.

What I meant was the general look of it.
The format, as it were.

I was trying larger borders that encapsulated the name and number, spent ages doing the 3d thing on them and then didn't like them.

I'm not sure about the whole look of this.
Also I'm not sure about the black background.

The finished one would print out 3X5 inches at 300dpi, which is a nice size and what I used for the Beardsley cards where I got four to a sheet of A4. But that gives a lot of space at the top and bottom of the picture.
I'm not sure if I like it.
Also I'm not sure how the black would print out, or how easy it would be to cut them with the black all the way up to the edge like it is.

I wondered what other people thought cos it's no good me doing all 22 cards if people aren't going to be able to print and cut them properly.

I suppose I ought to go 3d that green edge...

Duh.

Lillie

Hmmm.

See, that border is so thin and straight that it is hard to see that it is 3d at this scale.

Also trying a white border round it.

It looks horrible.

*sigh*

I could try borderless cards and put the titles over the picture.... :(

gregory

Of course - there is no law says they have to HAVE borders..... Mine don't :D

But of those two I prefer the one where it is consistently green all round.... I think that's the one called fool2, but have them both open and have confused myself....