The Primary Deck Reflections 2010 (both threads)

shelikes2read

Heck, I have a dual study in progress, too. I do phone readings with the Gilded, so I am paying far closer attention to its artwork and the way various elements are found in multiple cards. But I'm also familiarizing myself with the Transparent Tarot, a deck I got about 2 months ago. So I consider myself to be studying both decks.

I don't have a very large deck collection, so it's not like I'm tempted to stray to a zillion other decks. Besides my study decks, I have my 1978 RWS, a mini RWS, a Thoth that was a birthday present years ago, and a Da Vinci deck my friend picked up for me when he was in Italy. Oh, and a pre-ordered Transparent Oracle will be joining the collection when it becomes available. :) So as you can see, it's not especially hard for me to stay consistent with a deck or two. But I like the PDR idea because it means taking the decks I'm using and paying closer attention to them when I use them.

BlueDragonfly

shelikes2read said:
Heck, I have a dual study in progress, too.

I don't have a very large deck collection, so it's not like I'm tempted to stray to a zillion other decks. But I like the PDR idea because it means taking the decks I'm using and paying closer attention to them when I use them.

I'm also studying more than one deck-the DruidCraft(my PDR) and the Druid Plant Oracle. And a few more waiting in the wings, including the Haindl...

My collection is also rather limited, and probably will stay fairly small(ish). That's one of the things I'm enjoying about the PDR, being able to see other decks in action, although it does add to my temptations.... :)

Bloudwedd

OK, started my blog and have started to add all of yours to my watch list! Only halfway through though. But I guess I have time since my deck wont arrive until the 15 of march att he earliest.

The Guided Hermit

Happy Valentine's Day folks.

My daily is up and now time for the first cup of tea for the day.

Simsy

hi all
started by blog on my website by having a few rules for myself. I start my daily card draws tomorrow before work as i have just walked in from work and i am slightly tired at the moment

Simsy

The Guided Hermit

It's Monday morning, the daily is posted and we just had a fly-by of migrating geese which is rather unusual considering I less than 10 miles North from Disneyland....

Have a great Monday everyone.

BlueDragonfly

After a week and a half, I finally posted another entry!

I just did Eowyn's New Moon Spread and may post twice in one day!
*this evening, after I tend to some chores. Self-discipline, self-discipline, self-discipline.*

:)

strings of life

^ Likewise, after 2 weeks (gasp).

I am trying to make the blog more manageable and single card posts seem to be the most optimal due to my busy schedule. Perhaps by going back to those, I will post more often :).

I love working with the Bohemian Gothic Tarot. I was drawn to it as a deck to work with shadow work along with the Victorian Romantic, but it is slowly creeping up into my list of favorite decks to work with on it's own.

I use my Victorian Romantic Gold for readings (since I bought it used here on AT), and that has taken over as my Victorian Romantic of choice. I have only used my standard deck 5 times, if that. But, in an ironic twist, I prefer my standard Bohemian Gothic to the Silver (although I have never used my Silver for readings yet since I am enamored with the silky quality and readings I get with the Standard).

Oh, and I have been playing with my Victoria Regina, which is not part of my PDR study. That deck has been limiting my time with the Victorian Romantic (oops)!

kabang

Oh, PDRers, this has been a rough week. I got my first rejection letter from a PhD program, I've been swamped at work, and now our heater has died.

I'm going to try to do a reading this evening, but it's been hard to find the time or energy to pick up my cards. Sigh.

Onyx

Hello all!

I too am having a pretty busy week.

This is where I remind everyone to enjoy the journey. I have only been able to do daily draws but something is up with them. I am getting a lot of the same cards over and over again.

The main one are Queen of Cups, 6 of Disks and the Tower.

Since February first I have had the Queen of Cups three times, the 6 of Disks three times and The Tower twice. I need to look at these more closely.
But I ask myself when?

Allan