The Primary Deck Reflections 2010 (both threads)

inanna_tarot

Welcome to PDR bliss Kimberlee :D

strings of life

inanna_tarot said:
Welcome to PDR bliss Kimberlee :D
Yes welcome!

I am going to discontinue this PDR venture. I will still be posting on my blog, but I think I may take part in the IDS instead. I feel a bit off just posting in this thread and just stating "hey, I updated my blog.".

I wish you all the best of luck with your PDRs, and I'll see you else where on the boards.

Onyx, you can remove me from the list. I'll still be following many of your blogs though!

:)

The Guided Hermit

It's been very busy but I'm still posting (like today) and have been giving my two VIA's some good work outs over the past number of days....

Gazel

I've decided to stop too. Started twice, quitted twice - please remind me of this next year ;o) The thing is - I'm too busy right now in my life. I'm sorry - and I wish you all a happy journey. Please remove me from the list Onyx.

inanna_tarot

I waver every now and then, thinking of swapping my PDR from the DPO, and then I have a reading that is so clear its crazy.

I have done a lot of work with herbs today as well, so that could be why they were more obvious.

Could be could be.

Or maybe its still got attitude from the DM (ok, I sound like a mad woman I know but ssssh, i mean , how can decks rub off eachother!)

The Guided Hermit

I'm really going to be flexing the VIA muscles today with 8 hours of reading planned. We're ready!

I updated my blog with my morning cards and it certainly reflects action!

Onyx

Just got back from a long weekend after a long drive in the rain. Boy am I tired and I still have to work tonight!

But I got my new Large Thoth Deck in the mail today and it is AWESOME! Completley renewed my excitement for the deck. I will keep my trimmed one in use but I am reminded again that I actually like borders and cards I can shuffle.

Sorry to see some of our members go, wish you all well!

Pretty sure I will be back tonight after work to post my first reading with my new deck!

Anyone got a spread that has worked for them recently? Looking for ideas.

Onyx.

hopena

I'm thinking of putting aside my Lo Scarabeo Tarot, until I can get more of the information that I need to study it properly... I'm not sure what I'm going to be using, though. When I was in a bookstore on Saturday night, I grabbed my notebook and a pen, and wrote a few things down about cards that have come up for me recently, whilst skimming the Lon Milo Duquette book, but I had to put it back on the shelf, when I left. Unless I missed something obvious, I haven't found an explanation for the astrological symbols on the coins, in the Six of Pentacles. I saw, from Duquette's book, that they got that from the Thoth.

Other than that (and posting in the daily draws and the study group for the deck), I've picked up where I left off with Tarot Shadow Work, and my DruidCraft. I've also been using my Fairytale Tarot (MRP), for the past week... I'm feeling too scattered, and need to focus. Time spent with the Duquette book, just made me want to work with the Thoth, instead of the Lo Scarabeo.

Onyx

hopena said:
I've picked up where I left off with Tarot Shadow Work, and my DruidCraft. . . . Time spent with the Duquette book, just made me want to work with the Thoth, instead of the Lo Scarabeo.

Oh . . . come join me using the Thoth!

I am also getting ready to pick up where I left off with my Shadow work too!

Onyx.

kabang

Today I hate my Liber T for some reason.

Maybe it's my own frustration with other things in my life, and I'm taking it out on the tarot deck, but when I was trying to study it this evening, I found myself glaring at each individual card. "And YOU, Aeon, I don't understand you at ALL. You're deliberately obtuse, aren't you, with your shadowy figure I can't recognize." *grumble grumble*

Do you ever experience this with your PDR decks? Have an 'argument' with it, so to speak?