The Secret Language of Tarot

Grizabella

Has anyone else got this book called The Secret Language of Tarot by Ruth Ann and Wald Amberstone? I just got it today and in looking through it, it seems to promise to be quite interesting and educational. It's a study on the symbolism of Tarot. I see the publication date is 2008 so it's quite a new book. There aren't any reviews of it on Amazon yet. Maybe I'll write one when I finish the book.

Grizabella

Nobody else has this book?

ClimbTheseWalls

I don't. Is it available on Amazon? How do you like it so far? From the title it sounds like it could be a really eye-opening read!

mac22

Grizabella said:
Has anyone else got this book called The Secret Language of Tarot by Ruth Ann and Wald Amberstone? I just got it today and in looking through it, it seems to promise to be quite interesting and educational. It's a study on the symbolism of Tarot. I see the publication date is 2008 so it's quite a new book. There aren't any reviews of it on Amazon yet. Maybe I'll write one when I finish the book.

I have the book. It is excellent for the novice as well as the accomplished reader. I think I have all of the Amberstone's books including the Tarot Course.... I recommend them all.

Mac22

Grizabella

Yes, Amazon has it. That's where I got it.

It's a wonderful book! Very, very full of information. I never liked the Rider Waite deck much, but I'm getting a new appreciation of it as well as a fascinating education into the symbols of Tarot in general by reading it. It's a great book to put on your "keepers" shelf for reference about Tarot. Most of my books get passed on in the Trade forum or given away but this is one of the few that stays on my shelf. I may even start including copies of it in exchange packages in the future. It's that good! :D

Cactus

Grizabella,

How did you come across the book? Was it on Amazon or from another site? I've never heard of it and it sounds wonderful!

Venus Moon

I got this book last week after reading another thread on AT here about it, it's around here somewhere! It's a great book, haven't read all the way through though.

Grizabella

I was just cruising around on Amazon looking at Tarot stuff and ran across it. It's such a good book---I've been reading it all evening.

Sulis

I've just ordered it :)