The Star

Kazz

To me it also depends on the position and the reading with this card, it is a beautiful card, and with saying that I also can see it being a card of warning.

It can mean good health, reasons for opptomism, hope and inspritation, guidence, things changing for the better and strong spiritual forces are around you, But i also read it as a pandora's box situation.....be CAREFUL what you wish for cause you just might get it!!!!

But it depends on the reading and like i said the positioning of the card.

well that's my 2 cents !!!

Cheers

Kazz

:TQC

VGimlet

In addition to those, I also sometimes see it as meaning one's intuition about a situation is right, that you're on the right track, a positive flow of energy, that anything can happen.
Also, perhaps being a little remote from reality, or a reminder that the world doesn't revolve around you, or that you're using your energy for yourself, either selfishly, or to heal yourself.
Just depends on the other cards (plus I use reversals).

Major Tom

From The Magick of Tarot by Melita Denning & Osborne Phillips:

"Significance: That which had been withdrawn from the sources of life is being returned; and not only returned, but stirred into new life and with the sweet influence of the star of Hope reflected into it.

In Divination: This card denotes hope renewed, with the promise of inner or outer aid. There is also a suggestion that work done, experience gained, or some effort made in the past will be of benefit in what lies ahead.

Reversed: A mistrustful clinging to the past, or disappointment, or failure to find opportunity."

These words are how I first learned the meaning of The Star. })

napaea

I too see the star as being a card of hope, but not just in the "i hope this goes okay" or "i hope my boyfriend will marry me" sense. I see it as a wild card.

What is your biggest dream? What is the one thing you want to do before you die? Go and do it! Like the star is saying, you have this vast universe out here waiting for you to explore it! Why are you satisfied with watching t.v. and eating chips? (which i love to do!!)

On the opposite end, I see the star as saying, don't be over confident. Sure you can probably have and be whatever you want, but the world doesn't revolve around you. Don't be arrogant, adn don't forget those who have helped you.

cjtarot

The Star represents my energy source

Hi all,

here is my input..The star in the Sacred Circle deck is the exact of what I see when grounding and taking in energy from the universe.

To me it means hope and love...don't be blinded by false truths..but look at the true nature...the star's light is bright but not blinding...look to it for the truth it wont hurt you..

Does that make sense.

Cj
www.geocities.com/magickcottage

starfish66

Re: The Star represents my energy source

cjtarot said:
To me it means hope and love...don't be blinded by false truths..but look at the true nature...the star's light is bright but not blinding...look to it for the truth it wont hurt you..

That's beautiful, CJ and so true!

:TJUDG Starfish

Ravenswing

star light, star bright...

always hopeful, always dreamy

think of the phrases:

starry-eyed, wish upon a star, a famous person becomes a star, the star of the magi

then on the darker side-- seeing stars

IMO, other than the queen of cups, the star seems to be the beauty of the deck...

starLVX
steve

divinerguy

I perceive the Star as the receipt of pure light and the spirit of the Goddess. When she pours out her vessels, she is sharing that light with others around her.

Unlike the burning rays of the sun, you can never get too much of the Star. Second to the World, methinks its the ultimate good vibrations card.

starfish66

divinerguy said:
I perceive the Star as the receipt of pure light and the spirit of the Goddess. When she pours out her vessels, she is sharing that light with others around her.

Unlike the burning rays of the sun, you can never get too much of the Star. Second to the World, methinks its the ultimate good vibrations card.

Divinerguy, how beautifully put! And, I'm with you on how awesome it is. It's my favorite card in the deck.

:T7W Starfish

Mlle Lenormand

I've always thought of the Star as relating to a time of peace and contemplation after upheaval. To me its about looking inwards to find healing of self and your spiritual path. Its a link between the unconscious and the physical world. I've never thought of it as hope, thanks for pointing that one out.