The tarot book business

palin

Hi,

I'm not trying to come across as obnoxious or envious in this post but I was recently in a bookshop and was naturally drawn to the Tarot section of books...there the usual titles...apart from one that really caught my interest...it was a A5 format thick book with colorfull illustrations...

Basically all 78 cards were explained with one picture on the left and a summary of the card symbols on the right..

What struck me was how approchoable the book was...there was no historical section on Tarot, none of the usual chapters on symbolism...etc

I felt that everyone on this board could have written this particular book...

The book was 22 euros!!!!

I thought it was a bit expensive...what do you think?

Dusk Till Dawn

Which book is it? Also, if you feel like you can relate to the book, 22 Euro's is better spend than a hundret on books where you don't feel the book is complete.

greatdane

I'm interested in which book as well

I think different people relate well to different books. I love the Tarot Plain and Simple because works with my mind set of wanting to read more from an intuitive level, and just having a book helps give me some ideas for POSSIBLE meanings, but it's basically about how I feel about a card. I only read for myself and more for self-reflection and discovery, so there is NO wrong meaning to me.

I am curious about the book you mentioned though. I guess depending upon whether or not someone relates to it, it's worth it....or not.

GD

TheWorldXXI

Agreed

I agree with everyone else, if the book was meaningful to you then it's definitely worth it. It would be interesting to know what the book was, it sounds useful.

p.s. one of my favourite books is "78 Degrees of Wisdom"