The Tarot of Vampyres

Indigo Raven

This was my first tarot deck and I feel really connected with it. I love Gothic art and fell in love with this dark world. I just want to jump in and become part of the scene with a few cards. Its given me some really accurate readings (kind of scared me at first at how accurate they were) and even yesterday when I did a one card reading for my birthday I pulled up what the book said was my Descendency card, the Four of Skulls. Freaky. I when I do readings I feel like I'm talking to old friends about issues, which makes me glad I chose this deck as my first. I still have A LOT of learning to do but this deck has made it really easy so far.

WolfyJames

Glad to hear that you like it. I indeed feel the deck is a world of its own.

annik

As I follow this thread, I think it is time to see this deck up close and personal.

WolfyJames

annik said:
As I follow this thread, I think it is time to see this deck up close and personal.

You will in 4 days! ;)

annik

WolfyJames said:
You will in 4 days! ;)

Yup and I can't wait. I hope it deserve it's reputation! It seems a really good looking deck! I hope I will like it.

Myrrha

I am very impressed with this deck. Leaving aside the vampyre theme and gorgeous artwork, it is a well thought out deck based on the Thoth structure. It doesn't follow the Thoth interpretations blindly, even avoids some problems with the Thoth that are there because of Crowley's (and perhaps going back further to the Golden Dawn) preference for intellect over emotions and feeling (check out the write-up for the Seven of Grails).

WOW!!

The only thing that irks me are all those crosses in the Wands suit but even that seems like a small thing in such a substantial deck, with so much there to interact with for the intellect, imagination, intuition and emotion.

strings of life

aurarcana said:
* stops self from spitting out wine :laugh: *

I've read the glaring reviews and eagerly anticipated some more than others: atmospheric, sensual, dramatic and a great reading deck - get it. I still can't click that add to cart button. This deck has everything that I hate about certain decks LOL.
I had to dig deep in this thread to find this quote. I remembered it clearly. I have gone back on my word (sort of - not really an add to cart, but an add to my collection) and have this deck coming my way via a trade.

The images do what they are supposed to; they kept making me come back, even when I didn't want to. I adore vampire lore, especially the Victorian romantic-era Anne Rice type (Lestat, etc.). The deck looks sensual and brooding. I've been sucked in, literally.

WolfyJames said:
Am I the only one who sees Louis de La Pointe du lac in the Prince of Grails and Lestat de Lioncourt in the Prince of Knives from Anne Rice?
Yes, yes, see above!

If irmata and OctoberGwen like this one, I will too. If i don't, than this deck was pure marketing genius, ha!

OctoberGwen

aurarcana said:
If irmata and OctoberGwen like this one, I will too. If i don't, than this deck was pure marketing genius, ha!

It's one of those decks, aurarcana. I loved it, then I traded it away, then I got another copy. I impulsively offered my second copy for trade, and then I changed my mind and pulled the thread.

It just...has a hold on me, LOL. Mine's not going anywhere now.

I'll be thrilled to know your thoughts on it after you've gotten to know it.

Alta

grrr! I should never ever come into this forum!!!! Okay, I ordered it. Really, y'all should be ashamed at this enabling. hehe.... I'll let you know when it comes, and with amazon.ca, that'll be quickly. ;)

strings of life

OctoberGwen said:
It's one of those decks, aurarcana. I loved it, then I traded it away, then I got another copy. I impulsively offered my second copy for trade, and then I changed my mind and pulled the thread.

It just...has a hold on me, LOL. Mine's not going anywhere now.

I'll be thrilled to know your thoughts on it after you've gotten to know it.
I will let you know. It should arrive sometime next week :).

Alta said:
grrr! I should never ever come into this forum!!!! Okay, I ordered it. Really, y'all should be ashamed at this enabling. hehe.... I'll let you know when it comes, and with amazon.ca, that'll be quickly. ;)
:laugh:

You too?!? Ha!