The world appearing in every reading...

blind1

I'm not sure how to take the world card in my 3 card readings lately. It has been in every one,mostly at the end of my past/present/future 3 card spreads about my relationship. We decided to split up,but he has become closer to me than ever since this and I am confused and of course a little depressed. I get the Hermit followed by the world. I know what the hermit means. I am confused as to whether the world means a bump up on a higher level or it's over.

I get the three of cups in each read about him. I get the sun or 8 of wands. Then I get the hermit and the world (That world card has been clarifying the hermit EVERY time).

I am SO confused with that world card. I feel like I lost my best friend and I'm a little hollow inside. The fact that we can't just go separate ways is really tearing at me. How should I take that world card? He is coming up next week to get some things as we are split and I think the world is trying to tell me something...

(I'm not sure where to post this here or in your readings but since I only need to know what the world is telling me I figured it would be best here. My apologies if it has to be moved.)

Anyankah

What strikes me most here is hermit + world: to me this says that time alone (apart from the relationship) to reflect will lead to fulfillment.

It doesn't clearly specify to me whether this is along the lines of "once you let go of the relationship, to think about it from a distance, learn to be whole by yourself, etc., the reasons you broke up will resolve and you will be fulfilled in this specific thing that you are asking about" or "once you truly take leave of this you will be fulfilled in general."

- Opinionated Newcomer

P.S. I drew the world as my daily card today

WalesWoman

Breaking up is so hard to do, especially when you don't want to.

The World is telling you this relationship is finished, together you have done everything you could and now it's time to leave this behind and move onto other things.
You might find that you can be better friends now that you aren't in a romantic relationship or under the same roof. Perhaps you just need to take a break from each other, figure out what is meaningful, what is right for you, or even rediscover who you are as an individual.

I can see why these cards would be confusing... so perhaps this situation won't last long, maybe after some deep soul searching you will both decide what you want and what is right and get back together.

Or there is another person you are going to find out about suddenly, which will help you see things clearly (you won't be a blind1 any longer), him especially....and then it will be over for you too.

Thirteen

I have to agree that the World indicates that the relationship is "complete." It might also be fairly literal. The World is a card about travel, as well as about knowing yourself and all that you are.

The World suggests that you're going to have to stop hanging with him. It's time to go on a trip, ALONE, and so find out who you are without him. The other cards emphasize this--The Sun (reason), the 8/Wands (learning), the Hermit (being alone). All are about re-discovering yourself, rediscovering your reason, your talents, your interests, by being away from his influence. A long way-away so you won't be tempted to talk, or call, or e-mail or be with him.

You can't know who you are or what you really want/need until you are out of his influence and all on your own. Time for a vacation.

Sebastien Michel

blind1 said:
We decided to split up... and I get the world. I am SO confused with that world card. How should I take that world card?

Well,

First let me tell you that I'm sorry for what happen and I hope that you get over it as fast as possible.

For me The World means that you have to respect yourself without the help of another person. You have to learn to count on you and not to need someone else. In this case, your ex love friend.

Take a look at The World. The woman is in the center. Everyone look at her but she doesn't need them, she walk away with softness and grace because she is the center of her world. She dot not need the support of the other and they admire for that. She will succeed in everything because of that !!!

So I think that the Hermit tell you about your temporary lonelyness will make you realise that you are great and wonderful. You will gain self respect and moral strenght. When you will realise that you will be ready for success in love or another field of your life.

Be the center of your world for some time. Allow you to cry and to laugh. Allow you to heal. Allow you to be you without permission of another.

Friendly,
Sébastien Michel

Moonbow

Wonderful Sebastien Michel,

If you look at the World, she is naked but not in a vulnerable sense, she is uninhibited, free and confident of herself. So what you have said, especially together with the Hermit makes so much sense to me.

caridwen

Just a quick question - if the World here means complete or over, what then of the Death card?

I see the World as having completed a cycle and readying yourself for the next, in some readings. It could also mean communication ie World Wide Web. A feeling of wholeness or completeness in a more fundamental way than the Nine of Cups.

The Hermit combined with the World may mean, a time of reflection and deep thought in order to ready oneself for the next cycle. The Hermit searches within the self for answers, so it maybe advice to look within - that a relationship does and cannot complete you, only you can.

blind1

Thank you Sebastien Michel for that post. It was very insightful and I read some things you said that I've never noticed myself.

caridwen said:
Just a quick question - if the World here means complete or over, what then of the Death card?

I see the World as having completed a cycle and readying yourself for the next, in some readings. It could also mean communication ie World Wide Web. A feeling of wholeness or completeness in a more fundamental way than the Nine of Cups.

The Hermit combined with the World may mean, a time of reflection and deep thought in order to ready oneself for the next cycle. The Hermit searches within the self for answers, so it maybe advice to look within - that a relationship does and cannot complete you, only you can.

It's hard to listen to the Hermit when being alone is the poison. I started a new job in a tiny office behind two locked doors (I work in accounting) alone for 8 hours a night. I don't see any of my work friends anymore and now this happened. I've been isolated from my little "society" and lost all hope for any happiness anytime soon. I'm not suicidal or any of that nonsense,but the last thing I really want to do is go off by myself. I can't go anywhere on holiday or anything like that. I just want to be surrounded by my beautiful friends and laugh. I chose a job where I had to give that up for awhile,but I plan to stick it out. Maybe that's what the hermit is saying...I am alone.

It's me and my dog. lol Maybe it was meant to be this way so when someone or something else comes along I can truly appreciate it's value in my life.

I just don't want to be alone anymore.

YDM42

I've also seen the world to be "complete in oneself".
Or one time I saw it as "in ones world"- when an new "immagrint" had and attitude of supieriority concerning his culture and the american cultural (really it was deeper than that, according to him his religion, his race, his abilities were all supierior)- the card indicated that if he didnt learn to be less judgmental, and controlling, that his life here would remain "unintegrated" ...--- stuck in his own little world.

It took me months and many readings with this card repeatedly presenting itself as a negative, to understand how "the world" could be negative- as it fell in a negative postion each time. So in this case I would see the world as "unintegrated" or lacking temperance, understanding and diversity.

YDM42

Caridwen, I read death as a transformation, but continuation on the same path or journey same cycle, I see the world as completion of the cycle and the commencment of a new journey or path- thus followed by the fool or new beginings/ nievity..
That is how I read it..could be dead wrong.

caridwen said: