The World

Little Baron

Todays daily draw was 'The World'. I always find this a hard one to interpret and I don't think that I have fully got my head around what it means. I see it as a gateway to some kind of success, a finality, the end of a cycle, the start of something new. However, I could not relate it to anything today. The only thing I could think of was some problems I was having with a personal project - seeing a friend who may be able to help today, I thought may uncover some kind of understanding.

I have just drawn tomorrows card. It is 'The World'.

What am I missing and why has it come up again?

My mother is going for some health tests tomorrow. She has had the appointment for a while and it has been worrying her. I see the opening that the dancer steps through as 'feminine' and for the first time, I see her looking a little worried, and since she is undressed, vulnerable. I am hoping that the card is suggesting a positive outcome.

Does anybody else see anything else in this card or can you help me get a grip on the meaning a little better?

LB

light2000

The world means protection.

But if your mother will do a health test tomorow, it means that everthing is ok.

I dont like readings whith only one card, but, if you are having problems you already tought about the negative meanings of this card?

Obstacle, social isolation, agitation,incapacity to finish one task, ...

So probabily it means that you could finish that task that you think about, and tomorow too.

Little Baron

Thanks Light2000. That does help.

I don't really read with just one card usually .. I have just been doing a daily draw as part of my journal ... if it works with the day in any part, then I speak about it. Having this one turn up twice, I thought, was important. I liked your reverse interpretations. They made a lot of sense.

Thanks for helping.
LB

Fulgour

I see the Tarot as an ongoing endless circle,
and so The World isn't the 'final' card to me.

Actually, The Sun is kind of the finale with
Judgement as the applause and The World
like an encore! Next up The Fool introducing
a repeat performance, beginning with... #1

poivre

The World for me is a completed cycle
& a new one one the way. Time to let
go & move on to the next adventure.

Emeraldgirl

This card and The Wheel Of Fortune always puts in my mind The Byrds song Turn! Turn! Turn! (To Everything There Is a Season)

Here's the lyrics:
To everything - turn, turn, turn
There is a season - turn, turn, turn
And a time for every purpose under heaven

A time to be born, a time to die
A time to plant, a time to reap
A time to kill, a time to heal
A time to laugh, a time to weep

A time to build up, a time to break down
A time to dance, a time to mourn
A time to cast away stones
A time to gather stones together

A time of war, a time of peace
A time of love, a time of hate
A time you may embrace
A time to refrain from embracing

A time to gain, a time to lose
A time to rend, a time to sew
A time to love, a time to hate
A time of peace, I swear it's not too late!

Inana

These are some meanings I use with this card:

- Getting a conclusion by integrating the different parts. Synthesis that brings understanding of the situation.

- Completing a stage. Not the same as ending. Completion is meaning you have done all that was required to finish it in a favourable way. Like when on a videogame you complete a level... Then starting something totally different but somehow related: marriage on a relationship, promotion or ascending at work, graduation in studies…

- Gaining and using life experience. Applying lessons from the past.

- Stuff related to our usual environment (home, surroundings and people) may need attention or are affecting how we act. Our immediate environment is the personal world were we live and we are a part of it (like the cell and the body),

- Gatherings, meetings or social events.
- Travel. Change of location.

Ace

Emeradegirl and Little Buddha, the Turn, turn, turn lyrics are based on a psalm, which one I can't remember.

The world is as EG points out all about ending--and beginnings. I think (if you use the RWS deck) it could be saying, use what you already know to deal with what is coming up. NOT good or bad, just use what you have learned to deal with new problems.
Ace

WalesWoman

The World showed up today in my daily... it was fairly obvious what it was about. Tomorrow my man takes off for his "real" fishing season and won't be home now for the rest of the summer, so it really is the end of one season and beginning of another.

I don't always think of the World as beginnings and endings, but the cummulation of everything. Feeling whole and part of the world, at one with yourself and everyone around you, I think it's a feel good card. In a sense, dancing to your own drummer and in harmony with the rhythms of life.

Ace

I like that meaning WalesWoman. I use the WorldTree tarot which illustrates people dancing together in harmony with the rhythms of life. Thank you!
Ace