The Zener Card Challenge

Mycroft

The Mystery Box contained the song Lily of the Valley by Queen from 1974 and written by Freddie Mercury. Here are the lyrics;

I am forever searching high and low
But why does everybody tell me no
Neptune of the seas an answer for me please
The lily of the valley doesn't know

I lie and wait with open eyes
I carry on through stormy skies
I follow every course my kingdom for a horse
But each time I grow old
Serpent of the Nile relieve me for a while
And cast me from your spell and let me go

Messenger from seven seas has flown
To tell the king of Rhye he's lost his throne
Wars will never cease
Is there time enough for peace?
The lily of the valley doesn't know

I choose this because it is the song that most makes me think of Tarot and Lenormand decks with it's mixture of symbolism derived from a wide variety of literary sources. I also felt that this would be a good candidate for synchronicity, so if there are any 'Syncs' that arise for you with regard to this song, Freddie Mercury or Queen, please do post and let us know. As a side note, Freddie was born Farrokh Bulsara in Zanzibar on 5 September 1946, and was a Zoroastrian.

Happy 'Return of The Sun' to everyone - try not to get as drunk as I intend to, and thanks for all your contributions!

Starri Knytes

I saw Queen in an intimate concert setting around that time. They really did bring the magic.

moonbear

Yes, thank you Mycroft for the great entertainment and for also confirming that I truly do have zero ability at this :laugh:

agent199

Yay I won the card challenge. Put a new years smile on my face :) My first three symbols were guessed by using what popped into my head and the last two symbols were guessed using my tarot cards.