This decision is a huge one. HUGE. HUGE HUGE HUGE. It's going to hurt. It's not easy.

Frequency

5 Card Spread:

-1st, Center: Should I escape this environment? I can do that by fighting for my right in court, regardless of my age, and become a legal adult.
Note: I've asked if this is a possibility, and I have heard a resounding 'Yes but don't bother because we want to protect your mother's guilty feelings by making you stay here. That's our job, to protect the parents. We don't give a crap about the actual child. So no... Nope. Definately not. Not in our best interests.'
I can do it. It's been done. Although... meh... They don't think it's a good idea. It's not exactly easy... But I'm getting desperate.

Creativity

Creativity is the quality that you bring to the activity that you are doing. It is an attitude, an inner approach - how you look at things....

Not everybody can be a painter - and there is no need also. If everybody is a painter the world will be very ugly; it will be difficult to live! And not everybody can be a dancer, and there is no need. But everybody can be creative.

Whatsoever you do, if you do it joyfully, if you do it lovingly, if your act of doing is not purely economical, then it is creative. If you have something growing out of it within you, if it gives you growth, it is spiritual, it is creative, it is divine. You become more divine as you become more creative.

All the religions of the world have said God is the creator. I don't know whether he is the creator or not, but one thing I know: the more creative you become, the more godly you become. When your creativity comes to a climax, when your whole life becomes creative, you live in God. So he must be the creator because people who have been creative have been closest to him. Love what you do. Be meditative while you are doing it - whatsoever it is!

Osho A Sudden Clash of Thunder Chapter 4

Immediate interpretation:
Follow your instincts. In short: "Go for it"

2nd, Left: What gives me the inner desire to leave?

Possibilites

Mind can accept any boundary anywhere. But the reality is that, by its very nature, existence cannot have any boundary, because what will be beyond the boundary? - again another sky.

That's why I am saying skies upon skies are available for your flight. Don't be content easily. Those who remain content easily remain small: small are their joys, small are their ecstasies, small are their silences, small is their being. But there is no need! This smallness is your own imposition upon your freedom, upon your unlimited possibilities, upon your unlimited potential.

Osho Live Zen Chapter 2

Immediate interpretation:
Don't allow myself to feel comfortable in a poor environment. Always look to bigger and better things.

3rd, Right: What is obvious to me is that my house is a wreck, and there is more and more evidence of that. My kitchen was just leaking water from the ceiling after I took a shower. I can't even shower now until that part of the ceiling is destroyed, inspected, and the pipes (I'm assuming) repaired. I tried helping my mother with the problem -- I tried to explain to her that I can't just stop using the shower, and we must get it fixed ASAP because there is no shower for me to use now. She doesn't see it as a priority. To me, this is the last straw. I cannot live like this. Nobody can life like this.

Adventure

Zen says truth has nothing to do with authority, truth has nothing to do with tradition, truth has nothing to do with the past - truth is a radical, personal realization. You have to come to it.

Knowledge is certain; the search for personal knowing is very, very hazardous. Nobody can guarantee it. If you ask me if I can guarantee anything, I say I cannot guarantee you anything. I can only guarantee danger, that much is certain. I can only guarantee you a long adventure with every possibility of going astray and never reaching the goal. But one thing is certain: the very search will help you to grow.

I can guarantee only growth. Danger will be there, sacrifice will be there; you will be moving every day into the unknown, into the uncharted, and there will be no map to follow, no guide to follow. Yes, there are millions of dangers and you can go astray and you can get lost, but that is the only way one grows.

Insecurity is the only way to grow, to face danger is the only way to grow, to accept the challenge of the unknown is the only way to grow.

Osho Dang Dang Doko Dang Chapter 7

Immediate Interpretation:
Once again, we have a 'get the **** out' card. It's not going to be easy, there's going to be challenges, but I have to pack my bags and venture into the unknown. Do I like it? No. I would rather stay within the confines of my relative happiness. I would rather have this slight stability than go to court. I can't kid myself, I have to do this. I don't like, but I have to.

4th, Bottom: What is the method to solve the problem?

Moment to Moment

The past is no more and the future is not yet: both are unnecessarily moving in directions which don't exist. One used to exist, but no longer exists, and one has not even started to exist. The only right person is one who lives moment to moment, whose arrow is directed to the moment, who is always here and now; wherever he is, his whole consciousness, his whole being, is involved in the reality of here and in the reality of now. That's the only right direction. Only such a man can enter into the golden gate. The present is the golden gate. Here-now is the golden gate. ...And you can be in the present only if you are not ambitious--no accomplishment, no desire to achieve power, money, prestige, even enlightenment, because all ambition leads you into the future. Only a non-ambitious man can remain in the present. A man who wants to be in the present has not to think, has just to see and enter the gate. Experience will come, but experience has not to be premeditated.

Osho The Great Zen Master Ta Hui Chapter 37

Immediate Interpretation:
I will frankly disagree. My ambition is what drives me. I see his point though; I have to focus on what is troubling me right now. I must do one thing at a time. That is the process I must use to attain my little victories -- to attain the big one.

5th, Top: The Understanding of the whole

Ice-olation

We are miserable because we are too much in the self. What does it mean when I say we are too much in the self? And what exactly happens when we are too much in the self? Either you can be in existence or you can be in the self--both are not possible together. To be in the self means to be apart, to be separate. To be in the self means to become an island. To be in the self means to draw a boundary line around you. To be in the self means to make a distinction between 'this I am' and 'that I am not'. The definition, the boundary, between "I" and "not I" is what the self is--the self isolates. And it makes you frozen--you are no longer flowing. If you are flowing the self cannot exist. Hence people have become almost like ice-cubes. They don't have any warmth, they don't have any love--love is warmth and they are afraid of love. If warmth comes to them they will start melting and the boundaries will disappear. In love the boundaries disappear; in joy also the boundaries disappear, because joy is not cold.

Osho Zen: The Path of Paradox, Volume 1 Chapter 5

Commentary:

In our society, men in particular have been taught not to cry, to put a brave face on things when they get hurt and not show that they are in pain. But women can fall into this trap too, and all of us at one time or another might feel that the only way to survive is to close off our feelings and emotions so we can't be hurt again. If our pain is particularly deep, we might even try to hide it from ourselves. This can make us frozen, rigid, because deep down we know that one small break in the ice will free the hurt to start circulating through us again. The rainbow-colored tears on this person's face hold the key to breaking out of this 'ice-olation'. The tears, and only the tears, have the power to melt the ice. It's okay to cry, and there is no reason to feel ashamed of your tears. Crying helps us to let go of pain, allows us to be gentle with ourselves, and finally helps us to heal.

I understand the commentary, but I think that's the worst Zen explanation ever. I think what it's trying to say is don't stop yourself from feeling sad about this issue. Don't 'Take it like a man'. If I do I'm going to hurt myself more. Open up. Allow myself to collapse into sorrow and despair because it's natural and healthy.

What do you think? Do you think I got this down on the button?

Tarotphelia

Does this reading mean you have gotten your own tarot deck? Or is this reading from an online oracle?

I don't have the Osho Zen, so I really can't interpret this one. If this reading is from an online oracle , there might be conflicitng group opinions about its validity. I haven't made up my mind yet about that .

Tarotphelia

Keslynn

Re: This decision is a huge one. HUGE. HUGE HUGE HUGE. It's going to hurt. It's not easy.

Frequency said:
5 Card Spread:

-1st, Center: Should I escape this environment?
Creativity

-2nd, Left: What gives me the inner desire to leave?
Possibilites

-3rd, Right: What is obvious to me
Adventure

-4th, Bottom: What is the method to solve the problem?
Moment to Moment

5th, Top: The Understanding of the whole
Ice-olation

What do you think? Do you think I got this down on the button?

I don't have the Osho Zen deck, but based upon you explanations and your overall commentary, I would advise staying in the situation. I think you are trying to force things to go your way and perhaps using measures that might be more harsh than necessary. Here's my explanation:

Creativity: I think this card is telling you to use your mind to come up with other solutions to the problem. Don't narrow your options at this time. Leaving is only one of many paths you can take and you need to look at all of them. Keep an open mind. You very well might be able to craft a win-win out of what looks to be lose-lose.

Possibilities: This card pretty much explains itself. You see all the possibilties of what leaving could do for you so you want to go. However, you could channel that creative imagination (as portrayed in the first card) to come up with many possibilities to fix the situation instead of focusing solely on one solution.

Adventure: The external influence is Adventure. But adventure isn't always fun. Keep that in mind. Hero quests might look great on film but they are often dirty, sweaty and painful. Not to mention HARD. I think that the adventure is what is going on in your home. Perhaps you should try to shift your consciousness to seeing adventure as something that will help mold you and make you closer with your family rather than a constant annoyance. Admittedly leaking showers and other household things can be pretty pesky, but it will happen on your own as well. C'est la vie.

Moment to Moment: Live moment to moment in this situation. Handle problems as they come up and don't let them build into what you think is an inevitable conclusion. Use your creativity and the different possibilities to figure out that win-win solution, but even with a grand plan, you still have to wait for things to unfold on the more mundane level. Frustrating sometimes? Yes. Can family make you want to rip things out? Of course. But dwell in the moment and not on past faults or expected failings.

Ice-olation: You have isolated yourself from the rest of your family. This is clear already in that you have seperated yourself enough where you're ready to leave. Consider reintegrating with them instead of freezing them out. Also, ice has no empathy. Try to climb out of your isolation enough to be able to look at life through your mother's eyes. She probably feels as badly about things breaking in the house as you do. You're just not seeing it because you are not opening yourself enough to other so that you can see it.
At the same time, this card speaks of a need to ice-olate yourself from the very strong emotions that are surrounding this issue. Judging from phrasing, etc, you seem to be very worked up over this. In the case of such a major decision, I would advise that you detach a little and try to objectively weigh the pros and cons of any decision.

Well, those are just my two cents. I hope you come to the decision that works best for you.

:) Kes

lunalafey

cyber cards

I'm with tarotphelia on this one. I checked out a on line reading and it sounded good, but, there is something more powerful about physical cards and the energy put into them by a human that is part of the anima mundi. Consider going to reading exchange and find someone offering a reading. See what comes of that...
as far as your delema, you are 17, correct? you do not have long to wait before you are an adult in society. Practice paitence.....take this time to prepare for your adulthood and the (#1&4 cards) responsibilities that will come with that. Try and see your situation and it's advantages and not the negitive side of it.

*did not even read keslynn's until after putting my 2 cents in....Hmm....
nice keslynn....just the extedned version of what I 'feel'...

Laurel

I'm going to disagree with the others. I think, painful as it might be, the reading is suggesting that you have the strength and "tools" necessary to take this step and further, its an important part of your overall development.

You might lose. You might be defeated and forced to stay in your situation or take an even more dangerous measure and run away (I hope not). But if you don't overcome your fear and take the opportunity to fight for your independence, if you don't make a hero's choice to fight for what you want... you can't possibly succeed.

Its the battle itself, and not the ultimate outcome, that will help define your life. I'm not a master (or even a good apprentice) of the Osho Zen, but I see the cards as presented as encouraging you rather than discouraging.

Laurel

Frequency

Hmm...

I went on the osho website to do this. They have a digital 'do it yourself' type. I've been doing that until I can aquire a deck of my own. Right now I have no money. My gf might buy/steal it for me. Depends on the security, lol.
I see it can be interpreted in different ways. I dunno... I see both sides. Really, they're both right. I think it's a combination of the two.
Thanks for the insight.

lunalafey

Re: Hmm...

Frequency said:
My gf might buy/steal it for me. Depends on the security, lol.

I really hope the stealing was just a joke...
I would fear any ramifications that came from using a deck improperly obtained.

Fuzzmello

re: This decision is a huge one. HUGE. HUGE HUGE HUGE...

It seems the cards are speaking very plainly to you.

Creativity
"Creativity is the quality that you bring to the activity that you are doing. It is an attitude, an inner approach - how you look at things...."
Is this not asking you to consider not where you are, but who you are and how you respond to your environment?

Possibilites
"Mind can accept any boundary anywhere. But the reality is that, by its very nature, existence cannot have any boundary, because what will be beyond the boundary? - again another sky."
Try to accept that in reality, you are not bound, even though your mind tries to believe that you are.

Adventure
"I can guarantee only growth. Danger will be there, sacrifice will be there; you will be moving every day into the unknown, into the uncharted, and there will be no map to follow, no guide to follow. Yes, there are millions of dangers and you can go astray and you can get lost, but that is the only way one grows."
I don't blame you for not believing this, but Ohso is *not* talking about traveling here. He is referring to inner experience.

"Truth is a radical, personal realization. You have to come to it. "
Are you sure you've freed your motivations for leaving from the representation of living conditions in your home? I believe you when you state that things are pretty bad there. Are they so bad that you have to leave, though? Staying and trying a different approach to, say, having the leaking shower fixed might be the most radical realization you could follow.

Moment to Moment
"Experience will come, but experience has not to be premeditated. "
Here is the most telling aspect of all the cards. Action motivated by desire is not the Path. It is the opposite of the Path. There is no other way to say that.

Ice-olation
"The definition, the boundary, between "I" and "not I" is what the self is--the self isolates. And it makes you frozen--you are no longer flowing. If you are flowing the self cannot exist. Hence people have become almost like ice-cubes. They don't have any warmth, they don't have any love--love is warmth and they are afraid of love. If warmth comes to them they will start melting and the boundaries will disappear. In love the boundaries disappear; in joy also the boundaries disappear, because joy is not cold. "
Yes, I certainly understand your reaction. It is difficult to be told to feel your own pain without reacting to the emotions that arouses. We think only fools allow themselves to be hit without hitting back. Try to think about this. Staying might be the beginning of a journey that ends with the death of your fear of pain.

I think you are a very sensitive and perceptive young person. It's obvious to me you want your choice to be authentic more than you want it to be the "right" one. (Why else use the Zen deck?) My hope for you is that you will take some time to meditate on what the cards and commentaries are telling you. You are right about this situation: it's not going to be easy.

Fuzzmello

DarkElectric

Frequency...
My advice to you is to do whatever it is you have to do to get out of there. You can make a better life for yourself, with your intellegence, creativity, and sheer will to survive.
Just beacuse someone is a so called "Adult" doesn't make them a responsible person, or able to function properly in the role of a parent. Too many people with kids out there, who haven't got the first clue as to how to parent effectively, because they are irresponsible themselves.
So, if you have to go to court, and will get what you need out of the legal system, I hope it works out for you, dude. But if it doesn't, make sure you have plan B ready to enact, because it sounds like anywhere is better than there.
Maybe you can get some kind of job which will allow you to move in as a housemate with some other guys? If you live anywhere near a college or something, there are always people looking for another one to move in, and that brings the rent down for everybody. Creativity is the key. Good luck, man. DE

the hermit

Frequency... this is a situation that doesn't need a reading.
You posted it before. Get out of it if you can. Now.
DarkElectric is right. Do what you must AND definitely have a Plan B!

As for what Lunalafey said... I agree. I think that only VERY bad juju would come from using a misappropriated deck. If you feel you need one that badly, PM me a safe address (friend, girl friend, whatever) and I'll send you one as quickly as possible.